Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

What type of bra to wear with a low v back of a wedding dress

Brittany, on August 15, 2018 at 10:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13
Hi y’all!
I’m getting married in 30 days!!!!
my dress at the back is low. Not super low but low enough I think you’ll see the bra strap. What are some bras I can wear? I want some push up and I’m a size D cup.

Thansk!!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on September 10, 2018 at 11:21
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you able to have push-up cups sewn in to your dress?

• Kira
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Kira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a DD cup and while I did buy a bustier with a very low back, I feel it makes me look a little too busty with the dress so I will likely go without any bra. I did add some straps to my strapless dress and bought some fashion tape to make sure the girls stay contained. I'll find out in less than 2 weeks if it will work! LOL!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't even wear one. Alter your dress so you're fully supported without one. If you get a low back corset type bra you may be too warm.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do sew in cups and get your seamstress to do that for you or you could also do the sticky cups and then either way there are no straps or band around your back. The sticky cups I am not 100% if you can get the push up but possibly. Check bridal shops or La Senza or Victoria Secret

• A
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Ania ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you don’t have time for sew ins because your wedding is so close, I believe i saw lazena carry low cut bras specifically for outfits like what you described.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm echoing the stick on cups! Theres ones with ties so you can give yourself super cleavage! I have a few friends who are into cosplay and swear by them!!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had an illusion back dress so a bra was out of the question. I had cups sewn in and it was great! Highly recommend it.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree about stick ons and sew ins, those are great options, especially in a wedding dress as the tops tend to be very structured and help hold the bra in place. Under my low back dress I wore a longline low back bra. If you have a specialty lingerie store near you that could be a place to check, department stores near me didn't have anything low backed enough for my wedding dress but the shop I got my bra from had lots of options.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% agree with sew-in cups! They can add as much "padding" in that cup as you want for push-up, and then there's no bra, no fidgeting, no band to dig in at all...

I'm getting cups put in. No way I'm wearing a bra when I've got a corset... haha.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with Jennifer about sewing in cups. My dress is low back and v-neck so I opted to sew in cups. I initially wore a strapless stick on bra but it wasn’t comfortable and I worried about the bra showing. The seamstress showed me some cups they could sew in and when I tried it, it was really comfortable and pushed up more than the stick on ones.
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought of that! Would that give some push up still? And were would you get the cups to put in?

Okay thanks I’ll try to find one! I’ve heard the stick on bras don’t work well for larger chests.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Stick on bras are amazing! you can adjust them so it gives you some push-up, and they have ones that will work for a D-cup! try finding the ones that don't just stick to the front, but kind of wrap around your ribs a little bit.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Talk to your seamstress about sewing cups into the dress. that's what I will be doing (and my dress isn't super low back. but low enough that I would have to adjust a bra.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics