Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandria
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

What to do with wedding bouquet after

Alexandria, on September 22, 2019 at 19:13 Posted in Just married 0 18
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to do with bridal bouquet of real flowers after the wedding?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on October 1, 2019 at 13:48
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best thing I have seen for flowers preservation (if you're sentimental)....and I really wish I could have done it, is pressing the bouquet into an art piece. I found this girl who does it in Toronto, her company is called the Little Flower Press. Its expensive, but if I was in Toronto, I would have totally done it. But there was no way to get my bouquet to her before we left on honeymoon.

I hung my bouquet from the shower curtain rod for the 2 weeks while we were gone and they dried really nice. We've been back for 3 days, they're still hanging, and I have no idea what to do with them!

There's a local artist that will be making an art piece of my bouquet once I get the photos from our photographer, which I think is a good compromise. But I'm at a loss what to do with the actual flowers.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe you could dry them and put them in a shadow box? Or turn it into a decorative potpourri in a special vase (especially if you receive one as a gift)? Or you can keep it in a fridge for as long as you want it to stay in tact, but it'll only last maybe a week or two. Or if you don't want to do anything with it you can have it taken to a senior's home or something. That's what I'm doing with all of our florals 😊
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard that the flowers can be donated to organizations that rearrange them to be used for nursing homes, hospitals etc. Sometimes they will even pick up the flowers from your venue after your event so you don't have to worry about taking them home or somewhere Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can u dry the flowers and put them in a frame or something? or can you dry the bouquet and put in on your mantel or something at home or a bookcase?

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with a couple people on here! I’m planning on spraying mine with hairspray and pressing them into a shadow box frame! Collecting little mementos for when we have kids Smiley smile
  • J
    Beginner October 2022 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend pressed a few flowers from her bouquet and put them in a pretty frame on her wall
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of having our bouquets and 1 centerpiece freeze dried, it can be expensive but they last forever

• Jessica
    Newbie February 2020 New Brunswick
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Donate to a nursing home
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this idea, definitely choosen the nursing home idea. From the previous discussions I think I might either dry a few or silica gel them and the rest given to the home.
  • Vanessa
    Beginner October 2019 Texas
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the idea of bringing them to a nursing home, or place them on a loved ones grave is such a sweet gesture. We are in talks with our vendor about donating any left over food from our wedding to a shelter or something along those lines.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dried my bouquet. The centrepieces were given out as favours so I didn’t have too many extra flowers.
    For my friends wedding, I brought the centrepieces to my work and gave them out (I work with low income families so fresh flowers are a rarity for them!)
  • Christa
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were married Saturday! 🥂💍 I have hung my bouquet upside down to dry it. We had two large flower arrangements on our arch, we took those home and removed all the flowers from them and put them into a bouquet. We will be visiting my grandparents grave today to bring those. Just a way to honour them and include them in our celebrate.
    Happy Wedding planning!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure how my Mom did it - but she had her bouquet dried (not sure if it was natural or if there was a technique) and still has them to this day 31 years later!

• Z
    Newbie November 2020 Alberta
    Ziterah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve seen where you can turn it into jewelry you can search Etsy for lots of great options or there’s this one https://www.bostonmagazine.com/weddings/2015/10/08/freezeframe-bloombeads/
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do really like the retirement home. Maybe I'll press some and then bring the rest to the retirement home and split it up a little. Thanks all.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My daughter and I pressed a couple of our favourites from our bouquet (at least we tried to - I'll check in a couple weeks). Otherwise, we stuck them in vases until they eventually died. They stayed beautiful for a good week

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Donation is one option if you want to make an elderly smile and feel appreciated.

A project otherwise to make out of the flowers is to dip it in colour metallic containers and let dry. Then use the flowers on a photo frame in a creative way or something you wish to put together using hot glue gun.

Placing the bouquet in the vase at home can give you the fresh look too.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard of some people donating them to retirement homes and hospitals to brighten patients days

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics