Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

What to do after the wedding?

Sara, on May 24, 2018 at 11:04 Posted in Just married 0 9

For those who just got married, CONGRATULATIONS!!

but really, what are some things that I should probably write down to do after the wedding so that I don't forget and that are probably important.

Not asking about right after the reception, but in the days after the wedding/coming back from honeymoon and such.

Obviously, send out Thank You cards is a big one. But what other things should I plan to do? I'm a planner and forgetting to do things from being blissfully happy and married is giving me pre-wedding anxiety...

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 3, 2018 at 00:37
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sleep In!!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

- Making the list of places where you need to change your name is a big one. You forget how many bills and mailing lists you are a part of until you have to do something like change your last name.

- Make sure you have all the correct addresses for your thank you notes (we had a few people who moved between when we sent invites and when we sent thank yous)

- Apply for your marriage certificate

- Make sure you have no outstanding payments with any vendors

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Name change list for id and documents. If your changing your name
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Courtney pretty much said it all. I did my thank you cards right away and messaged my vendors to ask where they wanted a review. I also immediately applied for my marriage license. They do say it takes up to 12 weeks to be entered, but you can apply anyway, so they are sent as soon as it is registered. Mine only took 7 weeks and they got mailed to me.

The day right after the ceremony we started selling everything. I live out of province so we basically gave most of it to a second-hand store and gave some things away to family members who wanted stuff. If you have time to sell them though on Facebook or other means, definitely worth it.

Also, keep in touch with your videographer/photographer. I'm still waiting for my photos and it's been 2 months today we got married, so just stay in touch as you patiently wait for them.

You'll also want to decide what you want to do with your dress. If you are getting it drycleaned or preserved in a box, you'll want to explore who can do that for you and pricing. Mine is still hanging in my closet dirty as I don't want to cough up the money just yet, but something to think about.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is my list:
    - Review or thank my vendors

- Send thank you cards

- Sell off any decor I don't need anymore.. get my space back in my house!

I'll have to wait about 60 days before I can get my marriage certificate at which point I'll look to update my last name everywhere.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make sure that your personal things and all the vendors are cleared out of your venue so that you're not overcharged for using the space longer than agreed.

Also keep track of all the gifts people give you so that you can write more personalized cards. Microsoft Excel works great for this Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All the suggestions were great but I would also add that If you are happy with the Vendors you chose I would also send them a Thank you or positive review on social media.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you cards, changing your name over (if you decided on that),uhhhhhh.... honestly, I'm not even sure lol

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have NO IDEA what im going to do after my wedding is over... I'm putting all this time into it and then what am I going to spend all my time on??
    Thank-you cards are huge. Other than that, there's not much post-wedding things you have to do... Look up a checklist and see what you can find!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics