Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What time are you waking up on the wedding day?? ⏰

Lynnie, on June 19, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

How early do you need to wake up on your wedding day? Do you have a hair and makeup team coming at the crack of dawn? Or have you planned things to give you some time to sleep in?

Share your 'rise and shine' time and your wedding ceremony start time!

giphy.gif

22 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 23, 2018 at 00:11
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I can make it work not before 9am

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ceremony is at 3pm. Hair and make up are coming at 9:30-10am and I'll probably be up by 7-8am tbh.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I usually get up around 7am everyday so I imagine my body will wake me up around then but hair and make up comes to my place around 9am. I for sure want to be awake by 8am so I can have some breakfast with my girls and shower. Our ceremony is at 2pm.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ceremony was at 4pm and my hair stylist was showing up at 9am so I woke up at 8 I believe and showered and got some stuff ready.

• Amelia
    Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably 6 or 7 am. Bridesmaids arrove at 8am. Our ceremonys at 11. Im doing my own hair and make up so thatll take about 30mins tops. Im going for a natural look and my hair doesnt curl well so im just doing a half up kinda thing with a pretty head band and veil. I also have to get my 2 daughters ready and be sure to eat something. My photographer comes at 9 for the getting ready photos. We leave at 10 for the ceremony (15 minute drive).
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Someone else getting up at an insane time! Haha. I’m glad I’m not the only one, I thought I might have lost my mind a little bit.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    By the sounds of it... I will be getting up about 4am. Our ceremony is at 11 and between travel, hair, makeup, and all the getting ready stuff, I’m going to have a rather long day! Haha
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8am was the time i got up and got ready. Made sure family was ok and guided my parents and others to breakfast banquet room and followed up with others to see if they needed to be taken too.

It was also for the reason to get the bed made for pictures by the photographer to be prepared.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol no earlier than 9am I imagine. Ceremony starts at 3pm and everyone’s hairstyles are fairly simple. If I get up too early I’ll be a tired grump by the end of the night and that’s a horrible idea
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a morning wedding so I imagine our day will start early.

The tricky part will be recovering from the welcome dinner/Queh Queh the night before! 😳
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will have a hard time falling asleep but I will probably be waking up at like 7am so I can shower. Hair and makeup starts at 9 or 930 and there will be 6 girls needing the one shower in our hotel room. Our ceremony starts at 330pm.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Knowing me I won't ever fall asleep Smiley tongue

I'll be at the venue that night so I can probably sleep in until at least 8

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to be up soooooo early. Probably around 6:00am. Wedding isn't until 5:00pm. I just am too much of worrier, and I have to get everything done myself along with my fiance, and we will have two kids to tow around. hah.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to get up between 8 and 9am. The hair salon has openings for 4 people at a time and most of my bridesmaids aren't doing fancy updo's that take hours. I'll wash my hair the night before as well as shave/pluck eyebrows. There's six of us for hair and makeup, but we're doing makeup at the venue (hoping to bring in a MUA). Again, most of my bridesmaids are doing natural makeup and might do their own. Ceremony starts at 3pm with pictures to follow. I'm one of those people who won't be able to sleep the night before a big event so I might even be up before then.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to get up at 9 at least. The wedding reception will be at my house so it's going to be super busy the entire day. Have to leave for hair and make up that starts at 10 am.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eeek! I'm definitely not going to be up early (unless I wake up and am too excited to go back to sleep)....

We'll be doing a sleepover the night before.... at least my MOH and my one out of town bridesmaid.

Ceremony is going to be about 4.30-5pm... and our photos/first look will all be done before the ceremony (starting about 2pm).

So I figure I'll have an alarm set for 8am for latest wake-up. My girls aren't getting professional hair or make-up, so it's just me. I'm going to get legs/armpits waxed the day before (winter wedding, don't need it, but we're going to the Caribbean right after and I want to avoid shaving for as long as possible)... so not even time for a leg shave in the shower... and I'll probably wash my hair the night before because it's getting put in an updo.

• Alexa
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wowzas! this is a good question. I imagine i'll probably wake up at 7:00am , drop off decor at 10:00 (its when we get the venue) and then be ready to get back there for about 12:00 and ceremony start for 1:00.. i think. this could very well change!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The plan is to be up by 6:30 at the latest - makeup and hair starts at 7 am for myself and the bridesmaids. First look is at 12 noon, and there are 5 of us total!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be getting up at 6am - our hair and makeup team will be onsite at 7am. Our Ceremony is at 4pm, but we are doing a first look at 1pm and photos prior to the ceremony.

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be up at around 4 am. Ceremony is at 10:30!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'll roll out of bed for 8.. so normal time for me!

I think one of my bridesmaids is staying at mine the night before, so she'll already be there - but otherwise the rest of my bridesmaids and hair/make up girls will be arriving between 8.30AM - 8.45AM.

The nice thing is I don't have to wash and do my hair or do my make up when I get up so its only a 10 minute shower to shave my legs! WOOOOO

My ceremony isn't until 4.30PM, however, I have 5 people to get their hair and make up done.. so about 5 hours to do that. Limo is picking us up at 2PM and we'll hang out at the venue until 3PM when the photographer comes to take our final 'getting into our dresses' pictures.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to be up by 6:30 am, as my makeup team and bridesmaids were showing up at 7 am. Definitely not a morning person, but I didn't end up getting much sleep the night before anyway, so I was up. My ceremony started at 1:00 pm and there were 8 of us for makeup and 7 of us for hair.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics