Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie May 2021 British Columbia

What size limo to get?

Emily, on September 20, 2019 at 00:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hey Everyone!

Just wondering what everyone is doing for transportation to the wedding--We're each having 6 bridesmaids + 6 groomsmen, so we need a limo that holds at least 14 people..Do you think it's better to get 1 limo that size or two smaller ones? Or is there any cheaper alternatives people have done? Some companies I've talked to say that a 14 person limo will be too tight with everyone's dresses but I'm not sure if they're just trying to upsell me or not! haha.

Any advice would be awesomeSmiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 23, 2019 at 10:16
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can you get a bigger limo like a 16 or 20 person limo? there are also party buses as well. are you bringing anything with you on the day of? like a cooler or sandwiches or are the ladies bringing bags? or their kids? or babies? if so get a 20 person limo that way theres room to move over

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with a 14 passenger van. You could stand up inside of it. We had it for the entire weekend and it cost $602 with taxes etc. It worked out to be less than the cost of a limo rental for 6 or so hours.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A Limo bus is something you can look into that can fit all your wedding party if the company has them available. If your budget allows you to go 2 regular size limos for each of you and the wedding party, that may the alternative choice.

Your MOH or one BM can drive as you sit in the car so that all of you are going in 2 cars and then going into husbands vehicle, or a GM driving you two.

Pricing out the cost towards your budget should be within the amount.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly party bus is your best option when you have a lot of people! We have 22 and are doing a bus that will fit 24-30 people just to give us enough space! This way you aren’t worrying about someone sitting on your dress, or being too close and making you hot

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm, well I mean personally I used a limo for my high school graduation in 2015 and it wasn't a problem. I would say it depends on not only the size of the dresses that all the girls are wearing, but also the size of the people. Fact of the matter is that size of people have a big part in it.

Would there be any way you could go down and see the inside of the limo to see for yourself? If not, I think the idea of a party bus is probably a funner option as well as the safer bet.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I recently got married we had a 10 person limo for 4 of us (2 adults, an 11 year old and 14 year old). We could have comfortably sat another 2 people, but no more.
    Extrapolating from that, you could probably comfortably seat 8 people in a 14 person limo.
    I agree with Amanda that a party bus may be your best bet.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily,

First off congratulations on your engagement!

I would look into a limo bus/party bus they will fit your entire bridal party nicely! I was in a wedding with the same amount of ppl and it was great! No one had to climb over each other or worry about stepping on dresses. We could move around and be comfortable, and the bride enjoyed being able to walk up the stairs and sit without having her dress all piled on top of her. Most companies charge by the hour and usually have comparable bridal packages. You should check out a bridal expo/wedding fair, they usually have good deals or promos if you book during the expo/fair.

Also check out https://www.ritzlimos.com/vancouvers-best-party-bus/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics