Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

What "shot list" did you give your Photographer??

Kate, on June 15, 2022 at 09:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hello all! : )

About to give a "shot list" to the photographer as I'm reading a lot of regrets from wedding days are not getting the right photos or certain people in photos.

I really want majority of the photos to be candid and natural/in the moment BUT I'm thinking it would be cute to get a group shot of everyone (small wedding only 25 people) and maybe a few cutes ones of me and my sweetheart dancing on the dancefloor. I also think it would be cute to make sure the photographer gets photos of all the couples together because how often can a couple get a photo of just the two of them in the moment : ) Other than that any other ideas of photos you wish were taken??

Thanks! Love this community.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 4, 2022 at 21:47
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I provided the photographer a list of family shots for both grooms before the wedding itself since the time would cut short from the group shots after the ceremony itself. My side of the family also took separate family shots with us. Couple shots were taken during the sunset.
  • Victoria
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh i love your idea of the couple shots and the group shot! My cousin recently had his wedding and did not include the aunts/uncles/cousins in his shot list and he didn't think it was a big deal until after the wedding - just one of his regrets. He thought it would take up too much time but for him it would have been worth the extra few minutes.

So i think that's the best way to create your list - what would you like documented that would mean the world to you now and in years to come?

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very thoughtful idea! : )

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that’s okay to do either naturally or with a list. I saw on Instagram where the couple’s thank you cards were photos of the people who attended the wedding. I think it’s a great way to show them your appreciation! 😍 I low key want to do it too!
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay great to know, thank you!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the feedback!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another question all : )

I've put together some shots I think would be great to have but do you think I need to put down shots for some other families just them? or should I just leave that to happen naturally/if they ask. I ask because I know some families would probably love a photo of them all together (just them) but I don't know if that's weird or too much if I put that down.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only list we provided was the family and friend portraits we wanted to have so we can send them to our guests after the wedding. Otherwise, we gave her a list of moments/events so she knew what was happening and to capture it.

If we had a very specific pose we definitely wanted, we would have that list handy on us and ask for a pic of it then.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will for sure look at Pinterest and see and make a list and tell my photographer. Thank you for mentioning it, not something I would have thought of. Smiley laugh

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t forget the solo photos! You’ll want to have solo photos of yourself and your sweetheart!

I loved Amanda’s idea of recreating photos from previous weddings in their venue. And I’m doing the same! Maybe check that out for your venue too to spark some inspiration! 🤍
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us, our list will mostly be family photos and friend photos we want to get. I trust our photographer to get the other type of photos we want (candid, ect) but family photos are important to us. The major thing my photographer noted was to list names of people so she isn't just saying "dad" "grandpa" ect.

I know my bestie had regrets of not having a list of all the people she wanted photos with as she missed so many, so that was the one big tip she gave me.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer actually just asked us the same thing just yesterday. She wants us to put together a list of family photos that we want to get done. So for us it'll be our mom's, dad's grandparents, aunts, uncles and siblings. Our friend photos can be done at the reception.

We're also giving out photographer photos from previous wedding from our venue that we're going to recreate.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, I wasn't into it either but than I thought I'm taking the time to have all these details and everyone will be dressed up so it will be nice have captured photos from the day : )

I'm sure it will all work out!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a great idea! Sounds like it will be absolutely beautiful!!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Check out pinterest, they have tons to go off of! I did this for my engagement photo shoot and the photographer did amazing. Yes we can usually trust that they know what their doing but I would rather not look back on photos and wish I gotten a specific shot if that makes sense?

I am doing an elopement style micro wedding so I booked a package and will have the photographer for about 1.5 hours to get the important shots of the ceremony, wedding party photos, family photos and bride & groom portraits. But since I also want golden hour photos in the mountains and a lake (I mean who wouldn't want that in Banff) we also hired a photographer for the next day just for myself and my FH to get some relaxed photos of just us two.

This also gives us a few hours away from the friends and family that we will be entertaining for about a week up to this point. And we will be wearing our wedding dress and suit that we wore for the wedding!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never thought of doing that. I'm not even sure what I want, at first I was just not going to get a photographer but I was told YES THAT IS A MUST. So I am just hoping he knows what he's doing. I do want pictures of us getting ready and some candid of the boys.

But never put much thought into it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics