Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chanelle
Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia

What questions do i need to ask the Dj?

Chanelle, on February 7, 2018 at 22:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

I'm meeting with 2 different DJ's this week after narrowing my search and hoping to decide on one by next week. What should I be asking them?

There is a $200 price difference between them, if that's relevant.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Tradingabyss, on February 12, 2018 at 23:28
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some DJ’s will charge you for the time is takes then to set up and take down and pack up their equipment and I didn’t think that was really fair
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have just the thing for you, Chanelle! 12 Questions to Ask A Band or DJ! Let us know how the meetings go. Do they both have good ratings and reviews?

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hours worked is key, how many people (I was surprised to find out my DJ company provided a DJ AND assistant because my venue has an outdoor space and an indoor space and they want music playing in both locations as guests transition. Super nice thought of them and no additional cost to me!)

It was important for me to like the personality of my DJ since he's doubling as our MC, any lighting they supply, what equipment they bring or what they require at the venue. It was also important my DJ understands there is a VERY firm do no play list.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could also ask (in addition to the questions Candace said) about uplighting and spotlights (since the DJ is usually the one controlling the lights). Ask them about how many hours they will work and overtime cost.

Good luck, the DJ was the most difficult thing to figure out for me tbh
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask if they have experience at the venue, how they determine the playlist, if they take song requests, how much room they need for their set up, and that’s pretty much all I asked.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics