Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What planning decision caused you the most stress?

Joey, on August 29, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 29

What planning decision caused you the most stress? Was there a vendor you couldn't make up your mind about? Did you agonize over colors and themes? Could you just not say "yes" to the dress or suit? Did you have absolutely no clue about how to choose table settings?

Share your number one most stressful planning decision

What planning decision caused you the most stress? 1

29 Comments

Latest activity by Caitlyn, on October 22, 2018 at 10:23
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guest list! Trying to keep our list not too far above 100, while including everyone we want to include and not offending anyone is showing to be really difficult.

• Shelby
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far photography. My fiance and I could not see eye to eye for the longest time. But finally found our lady!!!
  • Kait
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Money and family dynamics has been the biggest stressors
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Choosing btwn 2 caterers from abroad.
    Finding a location for our welcome dinner.

These are currently causing me the most stress.
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Drafting and revising our guest list has been and is still an ongoing major stressor in wedding planning for us! Everything else has been quite smooth sailing and unstressful so far.
  • Gallia
    Curious October 2018 British Columbia
    Gallia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Finding shoes! Of all things!
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seating chart and wedding favours!! For the favours, trying to decide on something that wouldn't break the bank, but wouldn't come across as cheap and finding something that everyone would get use out of. I ended up making homemade infused olive oils, it took a lot of time and effort but the final product and cost was worth it.

Seating chart is similar to everyone else's issue...family and some friend drama

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

VENUE! We have gone back and forth so many times about different venue options and costs. Therefore we do not yet have a set date and we are getting married in 2019...yikes.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The flowers drove me nuts. It took months and stress and I finally decided not too long ago. Funny thing is that now nothing can bother me (planning-wise).
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The only problem is that she doesn’t really have friends or family at the wedding. It’s definitely going to be something to discuss with her. Thanks for the advice!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ask who they want to sit with. if your mom has some friends coming to the wedding, she may want to sit with them vs family or the kids. or maybe she does want to sit with the kids.

my FH's parents are divorced. and his mom just separated from his stepdad. FH's dad would sit with mom if I needed it. but I know he would hate (he just wouldn't say so). so I'm going to ask him if wants to sit with his group of friends or his family (as in his sister/bro in law).

i'm also of the mindset. you can have multiple "VIP" tables. seating plans don't need to be traditional. mix it up Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yessss. not for the same reason. but just deciding on a colour. I had one colour I really liked. but it didn't come in junior bridesmaid size (our 12 year old niece is in our wedding). and then the other colors I like. but was so back and forth. I've narrowed it down to 2 colors. haven't picked yet. haha

• J
    Beginner August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree!
  • Sheena
    Beginner November 2018 Queensland
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine would have to be the bridesmaids dresses, I have my two sisters as the bridesmaids and my bestfriend as my MOH. my sisters are each particular in what they wear, if I liked something they didn't, if one of them didn't like one dress the other one did, in the end I told them to pull their heads out of their A**** because it wasn't about what they wanted. Otherwise everything else has fallen into place, well so far lol
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The seating chart! My parents are divorced but civil so they could sit at the same table but my moms kids can be quite annoying so I don’t want them aggravating her during the reception so I’m trying to seat them away from her. Problem is that she has no family so they won’t know anyone at the wedding.
    I am open to any suggestions
  • Morgane
    Curious February 2019 Alberta
    Morgane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trying to get both of our entire families in one place- people felt very entitled to tell us where we should have it. So after that stress of trying to see who would fly and where, and who could afford to, we decided on an elopement lol
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Spending money in general is stressing me out. It's not even our money. But my fiance is in school right now, so our personal income is SUUUPER tight, and the thought of hundreds of dollars in deposits, or more... is just overwhelming.

Just gotta remember it's all in budget and it was offered to me. I have to separate personal and wedding spending feelings.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seating chart/arrangement, didn't realize how much drama came with that.....

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Literally EVERY decision besides my dress....still a complete mess about every decision from the date to the venue.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are a couple of things :

- The Wedding Dress;
    - Every single time I have to make a decision on the spot for someone.

I like to take some time to reflect on the different options and make an informed decision, so when people ask me for an answer 'on the spot', I become very defensive and anxious.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of our decisions came very easy for us! I would say the one that caused the most stress was the centrepieces! Deciding what to do wasn't difficult, but actually making them was!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was definitely the venue. A lot of the places we wanted were booked up way in advance or just were way too expensive. FH also did not realize the cost of venues, so that was a stressor for him absolutely. Even now that we have decided our venue I am still back and forth as to whether it is the right spot.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right now, decor is stressing me out!! My mom is trying to be helpful and suggest things but for me it's the bottom of my list of things to do! I'm over a year still so I have some bigger fish to fry before tackling decor (I'm still searching for DJs).

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was of course the wedding dress....That was the only one item that caused me to lose sleep! I tried on so many wedding dresses and I didn't find one that I loved that was within my budget. I wanted to custom make the dress but that also proved to be a frustrating process as the tailor said that my dream dress couldn't be done...Just when I was about to give up, I finally found the PERFECT DRESS! It took almost 3 months but I'm so glad the agony is over..!!

• Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far our venue has been causing me so much stress! We had a beautiful one booked - just off the water. After a few calculations we realized that the venue was no longer an option for us as it would have busted our budget. We inquired at about 30 different places in a week and finally found one that we liked!
    We had trouble with colors too. We originally wanted navy and gold, then to my family’s remark that “navy and gold are not summer colors” we changed to charcoal and red. When i went for my dress and my flower girl’s dress, the colors just didn’t look right with the grey bridesmaids dresses and it would have looked really depressing. We ended up going to royal blue and gold instead.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding cake dispute of tiers and height differences.

I always wanted simple and less while husband wanted more of a showpiece. The result ended up being my choice and small as planned from the start. Alteernative dessert choice was made as assorted pastries.

It was the perfect amount and no wastage since there wasn't any sweet table offered.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far the only stress out that was somewhat major was when we started looking at community centres and halls for our social and quickly realized that almost everywhere was booked up almost a year in advance. Here in Manitoba we are serious about our socials and there is almost always a social to go to every weekend if you look hard enough Smiley tongue

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we decided to change our wedding to a destination wedding 4 hours away. I was so worried how people would take it and that no one would want to come! I lost a lot of sleep over it. Now that invitations are out, people are excited and most are coming!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics