Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Deidre
Newbie June 2024 Manitoba

What Kind of Food

Deidre, on February 23, 2018 at 10:51 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

What would you like to see, Suggestions Please!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Mandy, on February 24, 2018 at 11:11
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t get the option at our venue. But we have a wide variety of choices we can have. I think for us we will be doing a salmon or a pork for guests to choose from. They sound delicious and is a lot easier on the budget.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted a variety so we're going buffet. Three salads, veggies, potatoes, pasta, salmon, prime rib, fruit and a selection of sweets for desert. Figure this way there's something for everyone!

Salmon and prime rib are two of my favorites, so I'm looking forward to the meal!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If there is cheese I'm there! hehe! But in all seriousness, my personal preference for weddings is Italian, it's affordable, easy to get a good variety of options, and easy to find really tasty vegetarian options in Italian cuisine

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like having an option; whether it be choosing beforehand or a buffet. We are doing a buffet with two meats, two salads, rice or potatoes, 1-2 veggies, and dinner rolls.

I also have food allergies so prefer when they can be accommodated.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pasta!!! I'm such a sucker for good, hearty comfort food. I'm having a buffet, so it's going to be a smorgasbord of options... prime rib, chicken, and salmon; mashed potatoes, pasta and rice; 4 different salads, bread & butter, and platter dishes (meat/cheese platter, veggie platter)...

I used to bar tend at weddings, so I loved when I got an Italian buffet (especially their late night dessert hour... omg yum)... but I worked a LOT of Southeast Asian weddings (Indian, mainly), so curries, rice, naan, that was the norm. So yummy.

I think buffets are better than sit down, because no one has to take something they don't want. I helped my cousin select her plated dinner in Mexico, we had lobster bisque, caeser salad, surf & turf with mashed potatoes, and dessert... but not everyone likes that. (I did, it was amazing, haha).

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on your personal preference but I would be happy with almost anything. I really like having a few salad options, a meat (most likely chicken or beef) and some sides.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ditto lol can’t go wrong with beef.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm all about beef. Honestly, anything beef and I'm happy, happy, happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics