Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

What is your wedding budget?

Emilie, on January 18, 2017 at 10:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hi wonderful brides and grooms!

No matter what budget we have... the goal is making our wedding dreams happen! Smiley love

What is your wedding budget? How much are you planning to spend?

Image: Giphy.com

12 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 1, 2017 at 00:20
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was originally at $17000... but that crept up to $23000... I now have to try and find 5k somewhere... but I always plan high, so I could (hopefully) end up spending less... unless I forgot something. Haha
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I think people think it's tacky or taboo to talk about your budget but I think being frank is really helpful to people just starting out in the planning process. A few friends pussy footed about telling me the price tag for their wedding. I really just wanted to know for context, ladies at work were helpful in giving it to be straight, thankfully.
    I thought our budget was 12k but I'm bad at math. FH says budget is actually closer to 20k. 75 people for a restaurant reception in downtown Toronto.
    It's all just a matter of saving until D-day. Tucking away $1,000.00 a month until then.
  • Robyn
    Frequent user June 2017 Quebec
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't want to spend more than $20,000 but that is because we have a lot of guests (150-160). We are trying to spend money in the right places and focus on what is important to us!

• Kate
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning a 90 person guest list, witha budget of $17,000. Venue and food wasnt not something we were willing to comprise on. We are foodies and iv had bad food at other weddings, so i will ensure ours is supurb and freshly made. I look over my budget every week trying to come up with ways to cut it down but its so hard. We are waiting a year and a half to save the money for this big party we are planning. I refues to start our marraige in debt so we are ensuring that we pay foreverything before the big day, and have no debt.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You two are a unit now so they're his dreams too! He just may not know it... Smiley winking

And I agree about not wanting to go into specifics but we did end up going a couple thousand over budget. Like Melissa said though, it's not always realistic when you make your initial budget and we were able to keep it in a range we were comfortable with. We were very fortunate to be coming from the US so the exchange rate was like an automatic discount on all our vendors!

• Brittany
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We planned on $1000. Coming in at just under 8! Planning is all done Smiley smile came in well under and very happy about it. We decided to use the leftover for our honeymoon which we planned on not doing at all.
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started with a budget of 15,000 but it is going to be a few thousand more than that because we chose my dream wedding venue!

• Jaymee
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Jaymee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hopefully no more than 15,000.. 😊
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The budget is around $15,000 which really we stuck to but if you include my engagement ring it makes it seem like we went over budget. We don't really count that though

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are looking at $11,000 hopefully no more than $15,000.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the specifics are a bit personal. But we were so lucky to have help from FFIL and my parents so we could throw the wedding of our dreams (well mine mostly... I don't think FH did much dreaming about it before haha)

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't really want to go right into the details, but I'll go as far as saying our budget started at $10,000. We realized that to ahve the wedding we really wanted we would no be able to do this. The options we cut back A LOT, or expand the budget. We have added more of our own money, and my parents have generously been helping along the way also....we chose to have our dream wedding Smiley catface

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics