Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What is your best love advice?

Joey, on August 13, 2018 at 08:11 Posted in WeddingWire 0 24

It was love that brought everyone to this community, so let's talk about love!

Have you been told some amazing love advice that you live by? Have you come up with your own mantra or words of wisdom throughout your romantic relationships? What is your best love advice?

What is your best love advice? 1

Photo by BDFK Photography in Edmonton

Thank you for planing along with our love quiz! I hope it got you thinking sweet thoughts about your partner Smiley heart Smiley heart

If you had fun talking about your partner during this quiz then I bet you'll also like playing You or Your Partner? AKA the Shoe Game.

24 Comments

Latest activity by Andre, on May 17, 2023 at 20:16
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    -Never go to bed angry/upset, but know when to walk away and take a break so you can regroup and come back to try again.

-Always communicate. It's not enough for both to just talk, listen to each other.
    -Even at our most frustrated moments, always leave the other's dignity in tact. Nothing is worth hurting the one you love in the heat of the moment.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always put each other first
  • Arielle
    Devoted July 2020 British Columbia
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably very blunt but, if it's not working, change it. If you can't reach an agreement on something fundamental, and a compromise cannot be made, maybe it's time to go your separate ways.

I don't mean that if it's not working, throw it out. I just mean I don't want a partner to feel trapped in a relationship. That, despite everything, if you've just grown apart, then maybe it's time to go your own way. If you love it, let it go.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think my biggest piece of advice is always be honest. My FH tells me everything and that really brings us closer together.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't get complacent! Continue to put in effort and keep things spicy!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Respect each other in the way you treat and talk. Mostly yourself and your partner. Avoid having potty mouth especially sinxe its your wife or husband feeling degraded.

Team work is is the biggest since the road goes 2 ways and not dictated by a brickwall talking to you.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After 20 years together, my aunts married and they told me the best advice for my life: you dictate how your partner treats you. Not like a cop-out for the person you’re with not taking responsibility, more the respect aspect. It taught me that accepting certain behaviours that I had in previous relationships could be toxic and taxing on my own health. By staying strong about not accepting negative behaviour, I was able to find someone likeminded who wouldn’t put up with that from me. It helps both people grow.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Be honest and open

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Best advice I ever got was to "stop being a prude". This was from my own mother when I first met my FH.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES to the never go to bed angry!

Don't sweat the small stuff.

We've also been told "Never stop flirting with your husband, and never stop dating your wife" which is a pretty great piece of advice I think!

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Communication is key!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Learn how to fight with each other. Fights are gonna happen but knowing how to do it and learning to hear each other out makes all the difference.
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Brittany. Never go to bed angry or in a fight.

And i always say say I love you when we go to bed/hang up the phone.

Dont ve afraid to communicate!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The number one thing my grandparents ever taught me was: Never leave/go to bed angry. That kind of resorts back to communication and forgiveness... so no matter what, even if we are in the middle of a big fight, if one of us is about to leave the house, or go to bed, we try to at least remind each other that we still love each other. It often calms us down and puts things in perspective that whatever the fight is about isn't as big of thing as we made it.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never stop loving!!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just never stop loving. If things get hard, talk and don't forget the love you have for each other. Just enjoy every second you have together and never take it for granted.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Communication, patience and compromise!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one is perfect, especially your partner! Embrace their flaws but don't try to change them. Our quirks make us human and unique.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's okay to have your own interests and spend time apart, but it's also smart to learn about their hobby/interest. Continue dating. Always think the best of your partner. Don't gossip about them; if you're having an issue, go to ONE person for advice (someone you both trust) and your partner knows you are talking to that person for advice.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately I have zero love advice! We just love each other and have grown together. Being together from 21-now (30) has involved both of us going through strange phases, having life changing, and finding ourselves. Somehow managing to stay together while doing this has been very special to us.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I strongly believe that communication is key to a happy marriage. You have to be on the same page in order to understand each other and be good to each other. Listening and not interrupting which I need to focus on- I am so bad at cutting him off and he hates it. Hard habit to break.

• Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Be patient, kind to yourself and your partner, and communicate a lot!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Communication is key, everyone's feelings are valid, you don't have to agree to get along, and put in the work!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest, even when it’s the hard thing to do. And to not attack your partner, rather ask and calmly talk about issues at hand. There is a big value in the wise words of never go to bed angry. Learning to communicate is singlehandedly the best thing people can do in their relationship. Try and Always support your partner through their hopes and dreams. Be forgiving, We are all human and we all make mistakes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics