Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What is the most surprising gift you've received?

Lynnie, on June 18, 2018 at 10:26 Posted in WeddingWire 0 23

What is the most surprising gift you've received so far?

Has one of your guests given you a surprisingly generous gift? (Or a surprisingly stingy gift!) Were you gifted something bizarre that was not on your registry? Or did you receive an awesome gift but there was no name so you don't know who to thank?

giphy.gif

Next Question: What is the most surprising RSVP you've received?

To start from the beginning, click here: Wedding Planning Surprises

23 Comments

Latest activity by Simon, on May 28, 2019 at 22:10
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have only gotten one gift so far but it was the most expensive gift from our registry and it is from someone who isn't even coming. I am still in shock

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

His parents giving us $10,000 to help pay for the wedding. Very kind of them.

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A marital counseling book printed in the 1980's! Smiley laugh It's actually a pretty helpful reader

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We received money from relatives from over seas, but the must surprising thing was our inlaws helping with the wedding, very appreciative.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We received a large amount of money from guests who couldn't make it. It was beyond generous!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most amazing gift we received months after our wedding from my husband's customer was a bottle with lights and a switch for on/off. 4 wine glasses sitting on a cheese board. Sailboat ad the topper.

What is the most surprising gift you've received? 1
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t had any gifts per sae but my fh’s parents are giving us $10,000 for the wedding plus another $1000 for the honeymoon so that shocked me
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't received any gifts, other than Mr and Mrs coffee cups and little things like that..
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There were two gifts that totally took me by surprise! One generous, and one bizarre Smiley laugh

The super generous gift was from my mom's new bff who I don't know that well - she bought the Vitamix off of our registry! That thing is super expensive but incredibly appreciated! Smiley heart

The bizarre gift was from a family friend of my husband's who was not invited to the wedding... and they gave us a weird pottery sculpture of a Santa. When we opened the gift I turned to my husband and asked if there was an inside joke I didn't know about - but nope! Just a weird gift!

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is really incredible and a really sweet tribute to your grandma!! Smiley heart

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's too funny! Smiley xd

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! That's awesome!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have not received any gifts yet... I always knew my parents would pay for the wedding and their budget is on the lower end of the spectrum I thought it would be... and my fiance's parents always said they'd pay for the booze...

Hmm.... I think my most unique gift will come at my bridal shower in September... I'm sure one of my sassy family members will get me something memorable.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the most surprising gift I received was all the help from my family and friends Smiley smile.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most surprising gift we have received / will receive is going to be from my grandma/mom. Unfortunatly, my grandmother passed away a couple of months ago, but her biggest wish was for her grandchildren to experience the world; to travel. So my mom has decided that part of her inheritance is going to go towards paying for both mine and my sister’s honeymoons. She said that it’s something grandma would have loved, and that she couldn’t think of a better way to honour grandma.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents gave us a generous amount of money to help alleviate some of the cost of the wedding, which I wasn't expecting.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got so many wonderful gifts for the wedding (some off the registry and some not) but one of my husband's aunts gave us a family genealogy book of my husband's family which was just a bunch of web pages printed in crappy quality and put together as a book (weirdest gift).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing at the showers, everything was off the registry. We have received a few wedding gifts but we aren’t opening them until after the wedding!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't gotten anything strange yet.

We have received a wedding gift early, which is a new Dyson from my aunt. I was surprised as its obviously not cheap!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No gifts yet, but I'm sure someone will surprise me with something!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband's cousins gave us an all-expenses-paid trip to Vancouver for a stay at their cottage which was shocking! We aren't that close to them, so it was a really sweet gift and we were pleasantly surprised.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only gifts we have gotten is from our engagment party. There were a couple that surprised me. 1. FH uncle gave us $200 cash and another one that surprised me was this blanket from my FH aunt with a bunch of photos of us and our pup on it Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No gifts yet, but I was taken aback when talking to my FH's family knowing that their idea of presentation at the wedding is considerably lower than what I grew up giving on my side of the family (pretty much double).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics