Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What is the farthest you've traveled to attend a wedding?

Joey, on July 31, 2018 at 08:06 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22

I've just returned from a trip to the UK to attend the weddings of some of my friends, and it got me thinking - what is the farthest you've ever traveled to attend a wedding? What is the farthest you would be willing to travel to attend a wedding?

Do you love to pack your bags and jet off to far off weddings?

What is the farthest you've traveled to attend a wedding? 1

Photo by Orange Trunk in Calgary

22 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 7, 2018 at 08:14
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend got married in Romania a few weekends agao and I would have LOOOOVED to attend but with our own wedding coming up we just couldnt because of costs. I have traveled across provinces for a wedding but nothing leaving Canada (yet) I 100% would! My fiance's friends are getting married in 2020 and I think they're doing a destination wedding to Mexico and I wouldn't miss it!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're both from the National Capital Region, but now live in Alberta. So the farthest I've travelled is back home haha.

• C
    Curious June 2024 British Columbia
    Calla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been living in Hong Kong for the past couple of years so I end up having to travel pretty far for most weddings- haven't missed one yet though! Went to my cousin's in the Netherlands, was a bridesmaid for one in Yellowknife, and then a bunch in BC where I'm from.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It will be BC, Abbotsford which is the farthest.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The states is the furthest I've travelled for any wedding. There was a destination wedding in Mexico last year in April which i couldn't attend.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've flown to Winnipeg, then drove to Victoria Beach for FH's cousin's wedding. We've also driven to Huntsville in Muskoka for FH's friends wedding (the weekend traffic made our 2.5 hour trip into 4.5 hours!).

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Furthest I travelled was going to a cruise destination wedding this past year. Unless you count me moving back from Asia in time to be in my friends wedding. haha

my best friend lives in New Jersey...so that was another country. but its only about a 2.5 hours flight.

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The farthest I have gone for a wedding is Kelowna, which is a 6 hour drive away. It was fun because I went with a bunch of my girlfriends and we hit up a bunch of wineries while we were there. I had to take Friday off and we had to pay for car rental, gas, Airbnb and also her wedding favour. Out of town weddings are expensive so I would only do it for really good friends or family!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t travelled very far because I haven’t been to many weddings but all of my cousins except one are younger than me, none of them married yet. And they all live in England since that’s where I’m from. So I’ll probably be travelling over there for a few weddings as long as I can afford it.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the UK is the farthest I have gone for a wedding at this point.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't gone far since:

a. My friends and I are young still and I'm the first one getting married

b. Most family has either gotten married close to home where I used to live, before I was born, or too young to get married yet.

I would definitely travel out of country/province for the right couple (close friend or family). As of now, the furthest I will have travelled for a wedding will be my own.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The furthest I have gone for a wedding in Canada is British Columbia but outside of Canada the furthest is Jamaica.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to Mexico (Riviera Maya) for my cousin's wedding... but after the cost of that, and now my relationship with her, I wouldn't spend that much on someone's wedding unless it was a parent, sibling, or my one life-long best friend.

My fiance thought he wanted a destination wedding, but after the realization of how many of his friends and family wouldn't go, he agreed we'll save our travelling for our honeymoon.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never travelled out of the country for a wedding. The furthest was from Montreal, Quebec to Grande Prairie, Alberta.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Jamaica for a wedding a couple years ago, will be going to the Dominican Republic next year for one, and will be having ours in either Mexico or Costa Rica. I have also flown back to Ontario (where my family lives) for a few. We are based in Alberta.

I wanted to go to my cousin's wedding in France (he lives there) this past May, but it just didn't work for us time-wise and we figured we are better off taking a trip out there another time when we can spend more time with my cousin and his now-wife rather than for their wedding when we would hardly see them at all. It was a tough choice, but I think it was the right one.

The furthest I have driven for one is about 4 hours and that was this past weekend actually haha but I would totally drive to Vancouver for one (that's about 10-11 hours) since we do that drive once every year or two anyways to visit with friends and family (and because we love going out there).

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to Jamaica and Dominican for weddings - I love destination weddings and wish I had more to go to (we considered one but too many of our friends wouldn't be able to travel).

As long as it's a close friend of mine or FH's and there is a solid group of people going, I'm in!

• Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Last year I went to England for a friends wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. A big group of us went, and then they planned a week long road trip for us, which made it even more worth it!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Farthest I have gone for a wedding is Australia!

My sister's husband is from there, so she moved there and wanted to have her wedding there. Great vacation, but it went by too fast because she had her shower and bachelorette a few days after we got there. Lots of things to do in a short amount of time.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think I've ever travelled more than 300 km for a wedding, but I hadn't been invited to weddings further than that either before this year. We've recently received an invitation to a wedding that's 800 km away, but the couple is also hosting a reception two weeks later in our region, so we'll probably just attend that reception. I would like to be there for the ceremony, but 16 h on the road in a 2-day weekend is a bit much for us.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I drove 5 hours for a wedding before, that was the farthest I went!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Farthest I have gone is... well in the same city... I'm only 20 so as a kid most weddings did not include me and that means that I have only been to 2 weddings and they were both in the city. And the first one I was the flower girl so I didn't really have a choice of going or not. Buuuut I would be willing to travel just about anywhere given I have ample notice so that I can get the days off work as well as save up some money for it!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go anywhere for the right couple but so far I’ve been to Hawaii for my brother’s wedding and the San Padre Island in Texas via road trip from Toronto for my SIL’s wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics