Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Beginner June 2023 Ontario

What is something that you wish you did for your wedding differently?

Katrina, on December 29, 2021 at 12:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 4
Hello all! I am in the process of beginning to wedding plan and as any bride, want the day to go as smoothly as possible. What are some dos and donts that we should follow and what’s something you wish you did for your wedding but didn’t? Could be anywhere between certain decor, order of events, unique ideas etc.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on January 10, 2022 at 19:26
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish I had kept my phone on my for the wedding (dress had pockets) or the person that had it where I was staying. My day of coordinator took my phone to keep it on her. Reason I said this was because my wedding did not start on time because they thought they had to wait on enough people to start (also we had it virtual), so people online and the people there were waiting. I hate starting late on anything. It was out of my control because they keep saying “not enough people are here” like I do not care. Also, if we had kept on time, I would have had more opportunities for beautiful photos (we had a lovey place in mind 2 minutes away) but the push back of time caused us a lot. Also, it rained that day for our wedding, so our outside dream was crushed to inside. Also, plan ahead in case of rain, we would have been able to do it outside with the tent but we were praying the rain would change course (which is did) it was just playing with us. But everything was already decorated inside the little hall. Anyways, just run through all the plans, make sure to have a rehearsal to go over ideas. And have a day of coordinator, this really helped us out a lot!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just to continue Carmel's train of thought, do a full walk through of the venue during your cocktail hour to scout photo locations. It'll help you and your photographer plan your shots.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go with your gut. You'll regret not doing things you keep thinking about. This also applies to what people tell you you should or shouldn't do - it's your day! Make sure it reflects you and your fiance. What we do wish we did was actually ask our photographers for certain photos we decided in the moment we wanted. We did discuss and make a list with them but other opportunities came up and I thought I'd be bothering them LOL literally their job. 🤦🏻‍♀️ They were amazing but they can't read our minds!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish we spoke to our DJ prior to the wedding, whether it be in person or via video conference. I only dealt with the person managing the roster to different events and while he was great, our DJ itself who was working the wedding on the day of left much to be desired. I feel like had I have spoken to the person beforehand, I would've known what to expect and asked for a change accordingly.

This generally applies to all vendors. I spoke on the phone or via video with all vendors who was physically present at the wedding before signing just to make sure we vibe properly. It just completely skipped my mind to speak to the actual DJ herself cuz I've been in frequent communication with the manager.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics