Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liga
Devoted June 2021 Quebec

What is good price for Photographer, videographer and Dj?

Liga, on September 18, 2019 at 01:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21

What is a good, reasonable price for photographer and videographer wedding? I guess we would need this service from ceremony till first dance.So maybe 6h. I am from Montreal! And ceremony and dining and dance will be in the same place.

I am kind of amazed of pricing for both of them so far and also for DJ. Its like each of them wants about 2500$. So Photographer 2,5, then video 2,5 and then DJ 2,5. For me its too much! If they are charging like that, they can work one day a week and earn 100 000 a yearSmiley smile )))))

Maybe I should become a DJSmiley smile ))))))

21 Comments

Latest activity by Liga, on September 18, 2019 at 22:00
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess I need to be more and more open minded for price what I will need to pay if I want to have both photographer and video! I start to do reflection and maybe that video is not so important!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes..that is a big difference 6 or 14 h!

So in the end I am mentally more open to spend more then I wanted!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Tori for sharing your experience! I met today two girls who are giving service Day-Of Coordination for wedding! So they will be there for me and help in all I need! And the more I talk the more I become open minded that I will need to pay for video and photos more then I wish!Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6 hours might be a lot cheap like around 3k for both. we are paying 6k for both but we have them for 14 hours, same day edits and a drone lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had originally hired a month of/ day of coordinator but she had to cancel and instead of using that money to put towards a different coordinator we figured since I have 5 girls on my side and my FH has 5 guys on his side we should be fine to rely on them for helping us out on the day of our wedding Smiley smile Plus I'm sure family won't mind helping out

I got my dress from a store over here in Winnipeg: The Perfect Gown - they specialize in bigger sizes so I was able to fit on most of their dresses Smiley smile

As for entertainment for the wedding, we had considered a magician as my FH wanted one, but prices started adding up and we think that since we aren't having a cocktail hour the guests will be busy with what we already have planned. We are having dancing, but outside we are going to be having bonfires with s'mores and hotdogs for late night snack! Of course, my wedding is over 200 people so I'm sure they can find people to talk to.

For your 30 people I would say it wouldn't hurt to buy some decks of cards and maybe some dice? Oh, and some pens and paper! That went over really well at my Wedding social!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tori! Very happy for you! I wish my wedding would be already this week! I just want to get over it! Smiley smile))) I guess, because I am 100% involved and because I did not take wedding organizers. I am using CasaDeramo service for few rental things. They have beautiful decors and reasonable prices. But for my wedding I just want to have person who will be there to help me at the day of wedding, and I even dont think I need her or him all day long. I am meeting today with girls who are offering service day of wedding, so we will see.

Are you using wedding organizer service?

Where did you bought your wedding dress if it is not a secret?

I will be using silk flowers for my wedding decors and even for my bridal bouquet and Groom Boutonniere, Bride Wrist Corsage.

Do You have some shows during wedding? Some invited dancers or magician or something like that?

I just dont know do I need some games in my wedding, if we are small group 30 people and a lot of people are older generation, but still with good sense of humor. For that reason I think maybe to have some show!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well I'm for sure wanting to save money too! lol I waited until 6 months before the wedding before getting a videographer because if they didn't have a wedding to tape for my wedding weekend yet then they would be more willing to take less money rather than not have a gig that weekend Smiley tongue

Ya, my wedding is on October 5th! my countdown till 5:30PM CST says as of right now I have just over 17 days until I'm at the alter!

Am I ready?.... well... for the most part? lol Everything major is all set up but I still have to finish up with the guestbook/blanket and the memorial table (need pics). For sure wanted my wedding to hurry up and get here but now that it's so close I wish we had more time to be engaged!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying $1800 for our photographer. That includes 8 hours of shooting, an engagement session and all the pictures from the wedding. This was the best that I could find and their pictures are AMAZING.

We did not do videopgrapher because packages were just too expensive for us. Every place I saw was starting at $2000

For DJ we are just over $2000, they are doing our ceremony and reception, plus all the lights that they bring, and then Premium sound for our area! Both of us are big music people, so we wanted good sound, and good equipment. Dancing is the main part so we wanted to spend a little bit more on that.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! Exactly, everyone one have few things where they are focusing on and spending more or less. Smiley star

• Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're paying over 7k for our photos and video but that's just because it was super important to me and I wasn't willing to go with someone just because they're cheaper!

Depends what you are looking for in your photographer too.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Anytime and hope you find what your looking for.
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you very much Vinod!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kelsie, thak you very much for your advise! Smiley star

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Best to look at local colleges near by or online search. They should have themselves posted.
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree Maddie, but when I check portfolios of this photographers I am not impressed. There are looking like photos what are taken with pro camera, which I had in past as well, but that is it. Of course I will have photographer for wedding, but its surprise me, that everyone thinks that 2500 is a good price.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your advice! Would you know where could I look for student photographer or viedeographer?

My problem in Canada, price is over the top for what you get! I have had professional photographer in past for another event a nice person. But pictures was not wow.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, that is what I will do...I am looking DJ who will cost me **** and I don't need lights and tv, and photographer with video all that in one package and not more than 2500. I have problem to pay so big money for this services ( not physically, but mentallySmiley smile) I think they are overpricing. I have cut a lot of expense only because of price and results I dont want to pay. I start to feel like I am very cheep brideSmiley smilein this community, since I want to save us much as I can!

We are generous for comfort of our guests, so I guess each person spends more money on what is important for them. For us its ceremony, all evening place, service, open bar all day for guests, food and free hotel rooms for each guest.

I even am my own wedding plannerSmiley smile

P.S. Tori, are you ready for your big day? If i understand well it is next month?

• Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$2500 for a photographer is actually pretty good. I don't think photography is an area anyone should skimp out on. Those are going to be your pictures for life! You don't want to look back and hate the photos.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The price quoted seems right for their services. When searching at the time, that was the price that most photographers, videographers and DJs were giving the price about.

The combination of video and photos can help to save upon request of the vendor doing both. This is a call you need to make if you feel its the right path to follow through or go with students starting out and putting their portfolios together. They will help save on the cost on the lower end.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photography - most people I was looking at were pricing around $2,000 so that's pretty accurate imo, same with the videographer. Of course, it's still a lot so I would try looking to see if you can find somebody who does both for a joint price of maybe closer to $4k

As for the DJ - WAY too much imo. All of the ones I looked at cost around $1k. For sure look for a different DJ or see if that one could bring the price down if you get rid of lighting and whatever it is they must be throwing in to make it cost that much.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live near Toronto so I can only speak to prices ive seen. I also think it depends on the level of experience you want these vendors to have. You can get vendors cheaper with less experience, although I don’t recommend this because less experience can sometimes mean the quality of work isn’t as good.

So, firstly, does your venue have any recommended vendors? Sometimes they have a list of vendors they like working with and on occasion you might get a discount through one of these.

Second, if possible, wait for a bridal show and see if you can get a good deal through the show.

As for pricing, I think $2500 is on the low end for a photographer. Again, depending on their experience, the type of package, etc. I know I probably paid one of the higher prices for my photographer (much much higher than $2500) and it includes engagement shoot and photos, 10 hour wedding day coverage (getting ready to dancing), two shooters, I think **** edited photos, USB key and some other things.

For videographer, I went with people who have 2-3 years experience, so I got a very good deal at $1200 cash. It includes the entire day, drone footage, raw footage, a 30 min and one hour edited videos. This is one of the lowest prices I’ve seen personally so if you can (or want) look for newer companies.

For DJ, we are paying $1650 which I think is pretty average. Our DJ has tons of experience especially in mixed weddings which we really need. It includes reception music , MC, uplighting, and a few other things but I don’t have my contract handy.

not sure how helpful this is but you can always keep looking! I know it sucks but it beats paying too much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics