Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol
Super March 2018 Ontario

What has gone wrong for your wedding or what do you fear can go wrong.

Carol, on August 20, 2017 at 18:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23
So my wedding photographer just posted a couple pics from a wedding that he shot. I've blued out the faces because they are not my pics. The horse got startled and reared up on its hind legs. The bride is riding side saddle, and she stayed on! She killed it and it could have gone so wrong. My fear isn't so dramatic but I have a fear of my future SIL speaking at the wedding, she has no filter and she thinks her "funny stories" are funny but they are actually hurtful. Top of her list My weight, and my FH owing her money when they were younger. I have no issue with my weight at all, and he paid her back like 20 years ago lol. But for whatever reason these things bother her that she brings it up in front of others all the time. We are cancelling speeches because of this. So what is everyone's fear on their day, or what happened on your day that you can laugh about now.

What has gone wrong for your wedding  or what do you fear can go wrong. - 1

23 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on August 31, 2017 at 19:02
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow good for you on having such a positive outlook, for those moments that would have ruined someone else's day. Yes things will happen and it is all about how we deal with things as they come up. I am so happy that you had the Best Day Ever.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow that is an incredible story! Kudos to that bride!

We had a few things "go wrong" at the wedding but like everyone says, you do what you can and nothing can ruin your good mood.

1) My husband's brother/Best Man missed his flight because they forgot something at home and therefore he missed his bachelor party. He was his one and only groomsman and his brother and unfortunately they can never get that time back. It's going to take a long time to get past this because they didn't handle it properly and if you can't be there for us on the most important day of our lives, when can you? My BIL did have a talk with me before the wedding and apologized profusely so I was able to get past it for the wedding.

2) I realized halfway through the ceremony that I had forgotten my veil and whispered to my groom and he was like "are you ok?!" and I was like "yeah I'm great!" Luckily I had rented the veil so it wasn't a huge investment. My MOH went back up to the room and grabbed it after the ceremony so I could get a few pics with it. I'm actually glad that I didn't have it for the ceremony because they did such an amazing job with my hair and it would have blocked it.

3) Our videographer "couldn't find us" after the ceremony so he missed out on most of our photo session. This still bothers me but unfortunately you can't turn back time so I just need to move on. The videographer wasn't the most professional. He was packing up after the ceremony and we went off with the photographer and he said he couldn't find us but we had given him the contact info for our photographer so they could coordinate locations in advance and he had my husband's phone number so he could have called so I feel like they didn't try very hard. The quality of video we received was great, we just wish they hadn't missed out on so much footage.

4) We didn't find out until after the wedding but my aunt is a celiac and we made it very clear that we had guests with severe food allergies and told them where they would be sitting but some inexperienced server told my aunt that the food didn't have gluten in it when it did. Luckily she didn't eat much of it but she did get sick and then had to wait to get the correct food. I was so upset to learn this after the fact and made sure to let the venue know.

5) We had told the venue to pre-slice the sheet cake we had in the back so it would be ready to go when we cut the display cake but for some reason they didn't so it took forever for the cake to come out and no one knew when it actually came out so we had some people who missed out. We did our best but sometimes it's out of your control.

So these things are going to happen so you have to decide what you're going to let bother you and what you can let go! Regardless, it was the best day of our lives and every day we wish we could relive it again!

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg Tonya, yeah that's lots of worries and I have the fear of people walking off with my stuff too. You will be fine, and if something does happen don't sweat the small stuff. Your day will be beautiful.
  • Tonya
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Tonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I fear people walking off with things before our ceremony (we are getting married in a park), but have arranged for someone to 'babysit' before guests arrive. I'm scared my fiancé will forget to book our last appointment with our DJ. I'm scared my flower girls ( 4 nieces) will fight or melt down at the ceremony. I'm scared one of the uninvited children (who has development issues) will have a melt down. Oh...did I mention the big day is 22 days away? Yeah...trying not to go bridezilla or stresstoo much lol.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I bet, you will be fine!
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just reading all of the replies gives me anxiety. Smiley xd
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah ok. Well that really sucks. Have you guys sat her down and really told her how it makes you feel? I hope things work out for you.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No I guess I wrote that incorrectly, at one point in time he stopped talking to her for a couple years, because of not being able to keep her mouth closed, but they've been back talking for about 3 years now. But he is getting to the point of closing off again, he loves her just wishes she would stop. She says awful things to other people to then says oh I'm just kidding, as if that makes it ok.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh well that's unfortunate. If your FH and his sister no longer speak, why was she invited?

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol no, she has this thing about her and she cant help it. Family gatherings are eventful. People get mad, and my FH stopped talking to her for a couple years. She just can't stop I don't get it.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's rough. Is there no way you guys can make her see that it is embarassing or time consuming?
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Erin I would be worried for all those things toI'm sure they will make the trip.
    We were only have designated people MOH and Best man, that's it. She has been told this and still insists that she will speak, like she did at her other brothers Wedding, that's why I'm scared, I know the stories of what happened, and she believes it was completely different then what it actually was.
    I guess I could always play hide the Mic.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am fearing rain (outdoor ceremony), desserts and flowers not making it (they are coming from where we live to where we're getting married) and that the kids start having a freak out/meltdown during our ceremony.

Can you just have designated people for speeches instead of cancelling them all? Maybe limit it to your BM, MOH and your parents.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sure with the loop or not, your father daughter dance was beautiful and memorable. It's not that we can't, for what ever reason these are things that bother her and is constantly brought up. She isn't even suppose to have a speech, and all she can say when we are doing wedding things, is how she can hardly wait until she can embarrass Buddy at the wedding. It terrifies both of us as to why she wants this so badly. She has no filter. I will figure something out lol
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kay that's a real fear lol only thing that went wrong at my wedding is that I couldn't find the loop to put my wrist in to hold up my dress while I'm dancing lol. I found it later but I wish I had it for the waltz I did with my father.
    If you're okay with your weight, and you know you don't actually owe her money, can you let it slide off ur back? Or address it in a funny way when u do your thank you speech?
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh spilling on the dress, that won't happen, cover up very very Well!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hopefully your dj is awesome and every one will dance, I have no idea about my dj he is includes with my package at the venue, so it's a good thing we have open bar just in case lol
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fear is that dj will suck , no will dance to songs and I spill something on my dress.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we can have the ceremony indoors if it rains but we chose the venue because of its beautiful outdoor area haha so it's not the biggest deal but id still be pretty bummed 😜
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your dress will fit! Do you have a plan B invade of rain?
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can try and hid the mics I suppose Lol, but if she sees one omg disaster I know. The photographer that took these pics, we went to school together and he is an amazing photographer, he has been published in magazines for years and has given me a great deal on his services, I've invited his wife to the wedding. He also has as a second photographer with him. I can't get over that he was able to catch that moment of the horse rearing up on the bride, some pretty awesome pics for her. Thank God nothing happened to her.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow those pictures are awesome Haha good for her being able to stay on! I'm so sorry to hear about your speeches situation, that's really too bad Smiley sad I think I'm scared my dress won't fit or that it's going to pour rain as our ceremony is outside.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those pics are amazing. Sorry to hear that you have to cancel speeches. Maybe you can just ask a few close people to make a toast. I fear that my photographer or DJ will come down with some illness and won't have a replacement. Have to check that out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics