Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

What has being engaged meant to you?

Rayanne, on January 13, 2020 at 13:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
How has being engaged changed your relationship? Do you think differently about this person now that they are more than just a boyfriend or girlfriend? This is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with! They want you to be there through the good and the bad. You are now more than a couple, you are the start of a new family. How have your discussions changed? Are you in planning mode or just enjoying the moment and taking everything in? Does being engaged feel overwhelming? Are you going to do every aspect of planning together? Is one of you more inclined to do most of the planning?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on January 13, 2020 at 21:18
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's always good to keep finances in order I do believe it is the thing most couples fight about most....
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm by nature a type A personality - so I'm always in planning mode for everything (house, wedding, family, etc.).

We pretty much do all of the planning together - sometimes we veto each other but its been rare. My FH wants to have an opinion but would prefer I do all the research and give him options.

Our discussions really haven't changed except we discuss finances way more than before just because we have so many balls in the air right now with a wedding and trying to buy a house, we need to figure out where our last penny is going.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is awesome.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it added a bit of a spark back to our relationship. We've been together for 10 years, and now we talk a lot more about our future and we've made more time for date nights (even couch date nights!).
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't think it would change us and for the most part it won't. Our day to day living will continue the way it has always been but I do feel more connected to the feelings of being married as opposed to being his girlfriend. And yes the crap load of money for a party sure is felt 😅
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't think being engaged and planning a wedding would change anything in our relationship. Honestly, except the wedding ceremony, we have all the boxes checked. We have our house, we have two children together, we are committed to our family. Planning our wedding has made me pause quite often to think about us and what I want for us. Thinking about what kind of ceremony we want....what is important to us. Thinking about why we are getting married....is it just a piece of paper? I feel that it is more now that we are planning and really paying attention to what we want from our shared future. It has just been a great experience. Wedding planning makes you think about the past (how did you get to this point) and where you are going (where do we go from here).
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It didnt change to me lol its cuz we have been living together for the past two years so i feel like nothing has changed and even after we get married i feel like nothing will change (other than we have spent a crap load of money on a party LOLL) im super organized so we have been ahead of schedule for everything and for months i have been bored cuz we dont have anythjing to do. i have 3 things left to order and im taking my time cuz i dont want to order them and be done with it HAHAH

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Being engaged meant your always there for each ni matter what happens. Especially for what i went through of being taken to the hospital at times and making sure i am well provided with meals and heat. I always took care of the financial aspect of the household when needed paying bills. We work good together and realized when we were engaged, i got upset at him thinking if why he did did things to get me upset. I then knew he had taken care of me when i was in bad health driving me to and fro the hospital. I know he is there for me as much i am there for him as our hearts won't change that feeling.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics