Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

What has been your favourite part of planning? What has been your least favourite?

Kate, on March 3, 2023 at 09:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hi Brides/Wives/Fiancés/Husbands!

Aside from marrying your special person at the end of all of this....what has been/was your favourite part of the planning process? and what part/detail did you not have so much fun doing? (I feel like who to invite/seating chart is a tough one for most weddings!).

For me, I think my favourite part had to be designing the invitations and mailing them out (something so exciting about that, simple I know but loved it) and also booking the entertainment (magician and band) because I knew this would surprise some of our guests so I was excited for the reaction. I also had fun making our "fun fact" cocktail napkins - I thought this was a cute touch.

My least favourite had to be finding a hair and make up artist. I am super picky about both and I unfortunately do not know anyone who does it so I went in blind finding someone. I also found although it's a large industry, a lot of companies had a minimum you had to have in your bridal party for them to come out/book you in. It worked out and I was happy with the results of both but I was stressing the whole time cause I was unsure how it was going to work out day of (even with having trials).

Our invites and napkins below Smiley smile

What has been your favourite part of planning? What has been your least favourite? 1

What has been your favourite part of planning? What has been your least favourite? 2

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on March 15, 2023 at 07:48
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great answer Smiley heart

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha that's fair and I'm sure we can all relate to not loving the cost $$$

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most favourite: picking my dress, picking colours, choosing bridal party, picking a venue, telling everyone, creating invites, finding flowers etc etc

Least favourite: the cost
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have loved it all! The worst part is the waiting for the wedding day

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I loved every moment of planning, DIY, seating charts. I don't have a big wedding so that helped.

The part I hated was since we were having a small wedding who had to get cut. If the budget was there I would have everyone.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is my biggest fear. I have a feeling those bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages are not gonna turn out they way I invision. Good thing Im doing them this weekend and have a florist appt on Friday... just in case 😉
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankfully the appts were spread out over 3-4 months. I just couldn't settle on something I didn't love or something over budget. I'm really glad she got to be apart of the wedding morning and at one point I even questioned if we'd ever be friends again
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Asking your daughter is so sweet and I don't blame you for that being your fav. part Smiley heart. I hear you on the DIY, I can do SOME things with enjoyment but for example, I thought I could do our own centerpieces but once I did a practice run, totally did not turn out how I wanted and ended up paying a florist lol but could have saved a lot of $$$ there had it worked out.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omgsh 8 appointments, good for you! I feel like I would be exhausted, after trying on like 3/4 I was done trying on dresses lol. And happy to hear you were able to work it out with your friend, I feel like that's rare and sounds very mature that you guys were able to have her there even if she was no longer apart of the bridal party!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Id say thebest part was asking my daughter to be my MOH and deciding to go DIY on some things. There so many great ideas to choose from.
    My least favourite part, actually doing all the DIY's. It is hard work. Good on those that can zip through them. And finding a MUA...super picky. After some drama, i picked one and I hope it works out. My bestie will be helping me get ready and she will make sure it looks like me.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite parts were all the DIYs I got to do and wedding dress shopping. I loved trying on dresses! I had 8 appts 😂 I ended up finding my dress at the 8th appt the only appt my mom was able to come to and unfortunately she couldn't come to the wedding so it was really special to have her be apart of that.
    Least favorite part was bridal party drama. My MOH (who is also my hairdresser) ended up getting into a big fight and had a bit of a falling out so she got kicked out of the bridal party and almost uninvited to the wedding. Thankfully we managed to work past that and she ended up coming to the wedding and doing my hair the morning of. Looking back im very happy with how things ended up

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw that is super special! Getting your dream venue is huge Smiley heart

And yes the Covid delay I'm sure, frustrating at times but at least not at all in your control and your day DID come .

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Favorite part of planning for me was booking our venue! Being able to live out my dream of getting married in my home town and my favorite winery was an amazing feeling.

Least favorite was postponing for two years but I honestly wouldn't change a thing. We had the most beautiful day even if we had to wait an extra 2 years.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics