Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

What does your guest list look like?!

Amanda, on January 31, 2024 at 12:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hello everyone! There has been so many new members recently! Let's talk about you guest list!

Are you hosting a huge bash or a more intimate celebration? Are your invites going to mainly friends, or family? How did you decide on the number of guests?

My husband and I only chose close friends and immediate family attend our big day. No extended family, cousins of cousins etc. We both wanted a small wedding no matter what, plus having our wedding in a different province made that choice so much easier! We had 38 guests Smiley heart Our group photo Smiley heart @LichonPhotography

What does your guest list look like?! 1

5 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 13, 2024 at 11:20
  • N
    Featured July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are hoping to have between 200-250 guests
  • Ashley
    Featured November 2025 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Originally we were thinking of a larger wedding, between 100-200 guests. But as we started planning, we both decided on a smaller wedding, less than 100 people. When we first drafted out guest list, we had about 35 people total. My fiancé has a lot of cousins. His mom has 5 first cousins on one side of the family. All 5 siblings are married, all with 2-5 kids each, which was about 30ish total. He wasn't sure if he wanted to invite all of them because they don't all get along and some of them he hasn't seen in years. He did decide to invite them to prevent more tension between the family. And I invited close family that i keep in touch with regularly. In addition, we also invited our close friends.

Our venue has a minimum of 70 people for the room we want, so i began branching out to some other family and family friends, in attempt to make sure we hit the minimum guests so we do not have to pay for people that dont come.

• Donna-Jean
    Featured October 2024 Ontario
    Donna-Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony guest list is around 100, both myself and FH have large families with everyone being very close, this was the smallest we could get our list! We have about another 50 people joining us for the reception!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think small weddings are great! You get to spend more time with your guests and party the night away!
  • Samantha
    Newbie January 2025 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our guest list is pretty much the same. 22. No family extended beyond neices and nephews. My husband wanted to elope and thinks that 22 is still to many! 😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics