Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marina
Beginner October 2021 British Columbia

What do you wish you could go back and add to your wedding day?

Marina, on September 28, 2021 at 02:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I am down to the last 11 days before the big day and would love to hear what you wish you had done/added for your wedding day or what you are most glad you did do.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 6, 2021 at 03:31
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First and foremost, eat and drink water. Lots of water. Hydration is key. It's something my wife tends to neglect in her daily routine and on our wedding it, it affected her energy levels and appetite during dinner.

I wish we had been better hosts, properly greet guests as they came in. We couldn't do it prior to the ceremony due to us wanting to have a surprise reveal with our outfits but we could've prioritized a receiving line of some kind during cocktail hour (we took photos instead). We did end up making the rounds during the reception but considering how I haven't seen a lot of the people in attendance for over a year due to covid, I wish we made more of a presence.

Don't put too much stock into entertainment, games, and speeches. Between my wedding and two others I attended this year, half the crowd could not care less and people had the best time just hanging out with one another. In some cases, they're seeing certain people for the first time in 18+ months so just having a nice moment to catch up in a relaxing manner is fun enough. This is especially true if you have a dance component to your reception.

Finally, I would highly recommend you and your partner taking a moment to just enjoy being in the presence of each other. No photographers, no bridal party, no family. Just be with one another. You'll be pulled left right and center by all sorts of people that day, and it's a day that will go by SO quickly so take some time and bask in each other's presence. We didn't really get any true alone time until after the event was over because everyone kept demanding our attention.

Most importantly, don't dwell if the little things don't go your way. Things will happen and focusing on it will just negatively affect your mindset on what's supposed to be a joyous occasion. Looking back, I could count many things that went "wrong" but unless it completely ruined the overall function of the event, I just let it go until after the fact.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Going back to the year of the wedding, I would add a few things that I never got to do because my parents/family thought it wasn't appropriate of no bride part. There were 3 occasions before the wedding I would include and an Indian priest present for one of it since it is the prayers aspect. The wedding itself could have been 2 ways too as the Civil being first followed by the Indian though the time would be longer.

The times have changed and sometimes parents don't think about what can be done despite of couples being same sex or not.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhhh okay, will the officiant will have to be loud that day. Hahaha! But it should be fine for us.

Oh yeah, that’s great! Our venue does not have wifi so that’s why I’m not too sure of the reception being live streamed either. Also, I feel bad with the others being left out of the reception fun. Haha! But we shall see how that works. Haha
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah we only had 49 but due to covid rules everyone who wasn't from the same bubble/family had to be so spaced out so it was a deep space haha.

Oh sooo happy we had it live streamed and could download the video after. We had the ceremony and reception live streamed.
  • Carla
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Carla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really wish I had booked a videographer to capture all the moments of my wedding. Pictures are fantastic but I wish I had a nice video to see years from now.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Carmel 👋🏾
    Thanks for sharing that! That’s a good few takeaways. You reminded me about the mic for our officiant, as we will be planing on live streaming the ceremony (not too sure of reception). We will not have as many people that cannot hear at the back (I hope not, as we’ll have about 40 guests sitting). Also, I love taking photos as well and will probably be bugging my photographer or people with phones to make sure photos are taken. 😂
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Marina!
    That’s an amazing question! I really wondered that question as well. And how exciting for the 11 days!! We’re 17 days away from our big day! So exciting eh!!

You are all set and just waiting for that very special big day?
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had the best day... I am so glad we took time alone after the ceremony (we had food and drinks brought to us) and got first shots at our photobooth 😅. I'm so happy with how everything went (sorry I don't know what else to point out that I'm glad we did...) but the big thing I wish I did do was ASK my photographers for a photo when I wanted one. I have no idea why but I would debate asking and the go, "No I don't want to bug them". We hired them and they worked for us 🤦🏻‍♀️ at the end of the day, we have 1100 photos and certainly didn't need more BUT it is one thing I regret (for now). Also, we did not confirm that everyone who needed a mic or lapel mic had the right ones. So our officiant, who knew she was supposed to have a handheld mic, had the lapel mic and my husband only had the livestream lapel mic, instead of both. So we are very clear on the video (thank goodness) but people sitting farther back in person couldn't really hear us 😔. I was pissed for days about this. But anyway, like I said, it all worked out and was better than we dreamed (even with covid numbers and restrictions).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics