Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What do you think about floral bridesmaids dresses?

Lynnie, on March 26, 2019 at 16:41 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19

What do you think about the floral bridesmaids dress trend?? Are you totally into it, or do you prefer solid dresses for your bridal party? What's your take on floral dresses? Is this a trend you would try? 🌸

What do you think about floral bridesmaids dresses? 1

Photo by The Godards in Vancouver

What do you think about floral bridesmaids dresses? 2

Photo by Emily Magers Photography in Santa Clarita, CA

19 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 04:23
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think there is a lot going on with floral dresses that somehow seem to take away from the bride. That's just in my opinion. I think if you were to go with the floral trend, to pick a pattern that doesn't scream for attention. The pros of a floral pattern makes it easier to pick up the dress and wear it again after the wedding.

I picked a solid neutral color for my wedding because i thought that would look timeless in photos. Also, I had bridesmaids of varying sizes, and certain patterns don't look flattering on some body types. So pick wisely so that everyone can feel confident in what they are wearing!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love them! If I had more than just my one bridesmaid, then I would have definitely done floral.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it really depends on the bride's dress. The floral patterns can be very overwhelming I find so if a bride has a super simple dress she could get lost in all the pattern. She could also get lost if she has some cute lace detailing that just doesn't stand out as much as the floral pattern. My bridal party all wanted solid coloured dresses so we never even looked at patterns.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on the floral pattern, it could either look like your grandmother's dress or a classy floral dress. I would think this would just draw more attention to the bridesmaids to be honest though.

• Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love them! These are ours 😍not a great picture but the one on amazon where we bought them makes the dress look bad in my
    opinion lol. We’re having a very casual, outdoor brunch June wedding and I think they suit perfectly.

What do you think about floral bridesmaids dresses? 3
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer a solid dress colour. The floral dresses are pretty and I wear them all the time - which is why I wouldn't want my girls to look like just any guest that attends the wedding.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally prefer the solid pattern, there are nice floral dresses, it just depends on the pattern and everyone's body types. Its not always nice looking on everyone.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the right floral bridesmaids dresses can be lovely with the right pattern.
  • Shang
    Manitoba
    Shang ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To me, floral bridesmaid dresses is not formal enough to be wedding bridesmaid dresses.

But if you are a wedding guest, floral dress will be better.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think as long as the dress is the exact same for them all then it looks great. Not my personal favourite look for a bridesmaid but still cute.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly think they’re gorgeous but they’re not super wintery and we’re having a winter wedding lol
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not for me - I prefer the real flowers to stand out on their own, and floral dresses kind of clash/bend in with the actual flowers.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like them for spring/summer weddings for sure, but the floral pattern would have to be the same - basically everyone in the same dress. I'm still into the mismatched look and prefer solids for my theme.

Another way I like the floral trend is to have the MOH in florals, and the rest of the bridal party in a solid colour that matches the florals.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally not for me. I love floral. But notnfor a wedding
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Super pretty!!
  • Liana
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Liana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I prefer if they were all matching
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this, I think it would be really great for spring and summer weddings!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, it’s not for me!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very pretty!