Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What DIY are you working on?

Joey, on February 7, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in DIY 0 10

Let's see those gorgeous DIY projects you're working on. Show them off, let us know how the process has been going, and ask for any tips you may need. Can't wait to see how creative you've been!

You'll make my day if you show me some glitter Smiley love

giphy.gif

10 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on March 13, 2018 at 08:18
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to suggest baby's breath! It'll add the perfect touch this is absolutely gorgeous!!

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm working on my flowers. This is my MOH's bouquet. I'm using hers as a trial before I try mine. This is the second time I've started it. So far it's much better than the first time, but I feel like it could still be better. It's about half done at the moment. I feel like more eucalyptus and some beiges will help a lot. Also, I'm going to put in some baby's breath and maybe even string some pearls through it.

What DIY are you working on? 1
  • Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds crazy in a good way, I wish you luck hope it turns out good.Smiley smile
  • Gabrielle
    Newbie October 2018 Quebec
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! Here's a complicated one Smiley smile

My seating chart will be a big wooden panel (about 3'x4'), with a global plan of the room painted on it. On one side, there will be a screen, an rfid chip reader and a press button. In their invitation, guests will get a card with an rfid chip on it, and when they will get a personnalized message on the screen when scanned. The table name will also be indicated, and the corresponding table will light up on the plan. The black bars above the tables are where the leds will be to light the tables.

The button is for those who will not have their card, and when pressed, it will indicate to get the backup chart at the bar.

The electronics are done, the code is ready. I have made a sketch and I bought the paint and cardstock to make some tests with stencils I will make (thanks cricut).

What DIY are you working on? 2

What DIY are you working on? 3

What DIY are you working on? 4
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry in advance for the mess in the background. This is my "wedding project" area of the basement. I have a 6 foot table for my diy crafts set up. It's pretty full lol

Just finished up our flip flop box, I used fun ribbons to keep each pair together and put the size on a tag (I bought a tag puncher at Micheals!). I also added silver ribbon to keep the lid from flopping back.

Another project I just finished are our bathroom baskets. I had fun putting the ribbons on the tin baskets and arranging everything. I had to create a false bottom with foam board so things wouldn't get lost since the baskets are deep. I then wrapped the foam board with burlap to give it a rustic look.

I designed the signs and printed them myself for all three projects Smiley smile

What DIY are you working on? 5

What DIY are you working on? 6

What DIY are you working on? 7
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in the process of spray painting our lanterns and waiting for the tea lights to come in to put inside them. All of our decor is DIY

What DIY are you working on? 8
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got carried away and did a good amount of decor last weekend.

Guest Book (Okay I actually did this like 5 months ago)

What DIY are you working on? 9

This sign will be once you walk into the building where the reception is. I'm not 100% sure where the bathrooms will be located (They are doing some renos) or where the gifts table will be so I still need to add the arrows. I found the chalk board at VV for 2 dollars, stained the frame with some stuff I had lying around and used a chalk marker and stencil for the wording.:

What DIY are you working on? 10
    These are going to be at the ceremony, one filled with lemonade and one with water with lemons floating in it. Our colours are yellow/white/grey and my favourite drink in the world is lemonade:
    What DIY are you working on? 11
    This is our welcome sign, it'll be outside at the start a path which takes the guests to the ceremony. It'll be on a gold easel and then we'll have Shepard hooks with pictures of us from our travels lining the path.
    What DIY are you working on? 12

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in the process of narrowing down my DIY projects:

- Flowers (bouquet, centerpieces, boutonnières) with fake flowers;
    - Invites and other paper goods for the wedding/reception (via templates from Etsy and Vistaprint)
    - Cards box (actually enlisting my dad's services for that one!)

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing on the go at the moment. We will be making our centrepieces once spring hits. We are spray painting flower pots and then planting flowers. Those will double as our ceremony decor.

I also have to paint a dollar store box I bought for the ring bearer to carry. And I'll need to decorate a basket with tulle for the flower girl.

The other thing is signs. Might buy them, might try making them.

• Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't have alot of DIY on the go yet, but some of my projects will include:
    - pallet seating chart
    - cupcake stand
    - crate box for cards
    - old wooden ladder restoration for Memorial picture stand
    - ring security briefcase- petal patrol basket

Besides this, my venue has almost all of the decor on hand, including signs, centerpieces, vases, pumpkins, wood rounds etc! We are very lucky!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics