Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Denai
Curious June 2019 Alberta

What did you pay for your photographer & videographer?

Denai, on April 27, 2018 at 11:20

Posted in Plan a wedding 35

I am just curious what the average bride & groom spend on their photographer. And if you decided to go with a videographer, how much did you spend? Pictures and video are the most important thing to me so I don't mind dropping a few thousand but I also want to be mindful and I am wondering what...

I am just curious what the average bride & groom spend on their photographer. And if you decided to go with a videographer, how much did you spend? Pictures and video are the most important thing to me so I don't mind dropping a few thousand but I also want to be mindful and I am wondering what you have done or are planning to do? Also, how long in advance did you book them? Smiley heart

ps - if you live in the Alberta area, send me some recommendations!

35 Comments

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I meet with a photographer in a couple weeks. It’s $3300 for 8 hours, 2nd photographer, 600+ edited photos on a USB with full printing rights, and a few of the best photos printed out. They also include a custom calligraphy painting by a local Edmonton artist. The company is Etoroma Creative located out of Edmonton. You can get a videographer with them as a package deal. I haven’t met her face to face yet, but she’s been so sweet and answers super fast. I’m pretty sure she’s the one we are gonna by with
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got quite a steal at $1000 for photography which included our engagement photos, two shooters, unlimited hours and everything edited. He was a friend and doesn't typically shoot weddings, so he was willing to give us a pretty steep discount. When I was calling around before choosing our friend, the average costs were between $2500-$4000 for a package similar to what I wanted, with two shooters.

For videography, we went the DIY route and rented from a company called Wedit. They ship 5 cameras to give out to our guests throughout the day, and then we send it back to them and they upload all the photos/videos to the website. You can then choose to pay for editing, which we decided to do. In total with shipping and editing, it was $600 CAD (they are an American company).

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $1700 for engagement, unlimited photos, unlimited hours, all edited photos, and two photographers. We decided against a videographer because the chance of us watching the footage is very slim, but I'll always look back at the photos. Photographers book really quickly in busier areas. We're getting married June 1 next year and we booked last November.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics