Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What did you have to cut?

Joey, on June 15, 2019 at 14:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Let's be honest, weddings are complicated, and sometimes you have to say no to some of your ideas. Whether it was because you ran out of time, didn't have the budget, your SO objected, or you changed your vision, what did you have to cut from your wedding?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0396aa32376f664d

12 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 19, 2019 at 08:57
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re cutting the videographer, receiving line, bouquet toss, garter belt thing, and fancy entrance. Some were because of cost but a lot of things were cut because we hate them lol.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We cut the videography! didn't end up being in the budget

• Kaileigh
    Newbie August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Kaileigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We cut the photographer and DJ (both of us are musical and have our ways for music 😉)
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m so sorry to hear about your cat Tori! Smiley sad
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As of right now the only thing we have "cut" was bringing our pets to the ceremony. I wanted to bring our dog Karma and cat Avocato but my FH said no - and now our cat Avocato has passed away so there may be a way we could at least put him in the memoriam table!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far the only thing we’ve “cut” has been the videographer. we were iffy about if we wanted one in the first place, and have no decided to put that money elsewhere
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our guest was cut down by a quarter because of the cost of the venue. Another cut out was the decorator since she wasn't worth the cost to have for the day and charging break down amount to come out.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The biggest thing we cut was doing a destination wedding. FH really wanted to go away but many members of my family wouldn’t be able to make it and it was very important to me that they made it to our day.
    Other than that, we haven’t cut too much. We are both really laid back people and the venue has everything included!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are cutting down our backdrop length because it was just too expensive.

We are cutting out the day after party that my FHs family usually holds because it’s just too much.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A couple of things:

- An intimate wedding in a mountains // We ended up choosing a venue in our hometown, to accommodate for a "bigger" wedding. This one still bothers me, oh well.

- Guest list // We still wanted to keep an intimate feel to our day, which meant having to cut the number of guests. We stopped at our first cousins, no kids and very limited +1.

- Wedding Party // Logistically not feasible. We were already planning the wedding from a distance, we didn't want to add the wedding party coordinating to that as well!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing I had to cut that I wish I didn't have to cut was the guest list. We wanted it small and family only but I had to cut out the cousins (and their kids of course) as I just have way too many of them!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had to cut a sparkler send off. I really wanted one but the logistics were more trouble than it was worth. And then we found out our venue has a rule against it anyway.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics