Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What did you do first after getting engaged?

Joey, on October 14, 2017 at 14:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Whether you were the proposer, or proposed to, the moment you got engaged was certainly full of emotions and excitement. What was the very first thing you did right after you got engaged? Did you call someone? Pop the champagne for a toast? Get your nails done? Buy a wedding magazine? Take a bunch of pics to share on social media? Tell us the story!

First comes the "Yes!" but what comes next?What did you do first after getting engaged? 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Melinda, on October 20, 2017 at 08:22
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed to me the day before my birthday. We were having people over for my birthday the next day, so we didn't tell anyone until then. It was really, really hard because a few of my friends texted me early in the morning to wish me happy birthday and I didn't say anything because I wanted my family to know first and I wanted to tell them in person.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went out for dinner and then out for ice cream! Then we went to my parents' house and called all my relatives!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We called as many people as we could! I'm from Ontario and wanted to call my friends from there, but it was after 11 their time so I had to wait until the next day! Then, I spent the rest of the night staring at the ring!

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were on vacation with his brother and sister-in-law when he proposed. They were there when he did it because he wanted us to have pictures of the moment. The first thing we did was hug them, then we went and had drinks to celebrate! We waited until we got home to tell family because we wanted to do it in person instead of over the phone.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We called our families and then a couple of close friends. We were home and spent the evening together and celebrated with family later. That day was just for us.

• Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were on a trip to Quebec City, we were having a picnic by the water and right before leaving my now fiance asked this guy to take our picture, during the second picture he turned and proposed to me! After all that we took pictures and only posted one photo announcing our engagement on social media and I had texted ny mom and dad. After that we both turned off our phones and went back to enjoying the rest of our trip! 💕💖
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I cried a lot and kept looking at my ring and then called my mum. We were alone at home Christmas morning when he proposed so it was nice and quiet for a bit. We told the rest of our families when we saw them for Christmas.
  • Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This was pretty much us too! I love these romantic proposal stories and engagement announcements, but ours was a lot more low-key. Still good though! 😊
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had some alone time to celebrate then walked across the road to my sister's house to tell her, then drove my parents to tell them, then to his parents to tell them, then met up with his brother and his brothers fiance at a bar to tell them then went to his aunt and uncles house to tell them and skyped with his cousins! Lol it was a long and exciting night!
  • Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad was there so we went to my mom's place and told her. Then called a ton of people as we drove the two hours back to my place.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We finished the rest of our date night with a movie, and we called our families and told them the news
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didnt do anything special haha. Just had a conversation and decided it was time to get married and so we ordered our rings and that was it lol. Watched some tv and went to bed and went to work the next day. Told our parents when we saw them that week and then told our friends a month later at a christmas party.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was a very private weekend at Niagara Falls the week before Christmas. He proposed and I was shocked. We kept it to ourselves until we saw my family at Christmas, and then his family on New Year's day.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to a secluded lodge (no wifi, no reception) for High Tea. To have that moment where nobody knows yet and it's just the two of you. We were in our bubble for that time, until we got back to our place and started making the calls.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I called my bestie and asked if she’d be my MoH.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics