Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

What compromise have you/are you willing to make for your big day?

Kate, on June 1, 2023 at 08:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Hi all Smiley heart

We all know life is full of compromises and sometimes to have things work out this is just what is needed however, when it comes to your special day, does it get a free pass or do you/did you find yourself having to meet halfway on some items?

What were your compromises if any?

I have to admit our wedding pretty much went exactly how I envisioned and because it was a smaller gathering I was able to have a lot of what I wanted so thankful for this! If anything, I would not say I compromised on my dress but I definitely did not want to spend a lot of money on it so kept it under the $1,000.00 mark but this was not a big deal to me because I found an affordable one I loved but had I found one that I thought was my dream dress and it was crazy expensive, I probably would have settled on something more affordable in my books.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on June 5, 2023 at 13:39
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Happy to hear that it sounds like everyone is getting their dream day Smiley heart

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From the beginning I felt that it was our wedding so his input was just as important; neither of us had to compromise on any aspect of our wedding

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thus far haven’t had to compromise on anything. The day is still a bit away so we will see if/ what comes up.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure you will be very happy with a more intimate number for guest list, I personally loved it, got to chat to everyone in the room AND you will get your location which is important!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How wonderful, that's ideal Smiley heart

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only compromised the guest list. We both knew that we wanted to get married in the mountains, but it was hard considering that the moment we got engaged people wanted to all of the sudden come to our wedding. So we were looking for places that can accommodate a larger wedding for a while. But the cost of everything came to be too much for us.

So we decided to do a wedding on the smaller scale. And I have been okay with that. Like I know am not getting the large, fancy wedding with lots of dancing and what not - but I am still going to be surrounded by amazing friends and family.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband was very easy going with the whole wedding planning. We didn't have to compromise on anything. Our entire day was amazing and exactly how we had envisioned it for the 3 years that we had planned it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics