Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

María
Featured Valle del Cauca

What are your guests talking about your wedding?

María, on December 22, 2016 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

Hi lovely brides!

When there's a wedding to plan, there's always comments around (and not necesarily positive)...that's today I invite you to let off all what you have listen about your wedding.

For example:

1. "I'm on your guest lits...right?"

2. "I spent a lot of money to get here"

3. "The dinner was cold"

4. "Can I make a song request to liven thing up a bit?"

5. "Can't I switch tables?"

giphy.gif

14 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on December 22, 2016 at 17:56
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ha! not that weddings are a contest....but being the "winner" is fun Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So weird when people assume they'll be invited.

Haha, that's such nice feedback!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Melissa!Smiley smile
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did have a few of my sister's friends tell them they thought that they would be invited to my wedding or say that they wanted to be my sister's plus one which I was kind of surprised. I don't expect them to invite me to their weddings so why would they be invited to mine? (and my sisters didn't get plus ones so sorry!)

Since the wedding, everyone has been saying how much they loved our little touches like the paper flowers and all the books throughout the wedding and that they loved how personal the wedding was! Exactly what we wanted to hear! (One of my mom's friends had her son's wedding a month before us and she came up to me like 3 times during the reception to say that her son's wedding was beautiful BUT she liked ours better! Haha)

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so true! As long as you are not doing anything to harm your guests (which, having talked to you for months, I know you are not!), and treat them well- they should not complain! Anyone who is not helping shoul dkeep negative comments to themselves.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We been ask questions on how is the panning going, I have had people ask if they can invite a plus which we said yes. Not too sound rude but if anyone does make negative comments towards our wedding, they will reminded that unless they are helping out , they have no say in our day!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing surprises me anymore! I guess people want to think they are important enough to be invited, but can't be bothered to maintain the relationship... I don't know. I mean I had tons of college friends I don't talk to regularily and just see here and there, get engaged and I never for a moment thought I would be invited to their wedding!!

People are just weird! I find inviting family I never speak to equally weird, like my dad's sister.. my parents insisted I invite her but she has actively avoided me and my siblings for almost our entire lives (I haven't seen her since I was like 6). And I was like... well you're paying for things so I guess, but why would she want to come celebrate the wedding of a literal stranger?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is pretty crazy- it is a very personal group of people to choose. How did you respond?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have luckily avoided the assumed invites....but that is weird. Why would you invite anyone who you don't speak to anymore?! It would be more awkward to invite them at this point!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a friend not happy to not be included in our wedding party (we aren't having one), and a few people express that they think a private ceremony is a bad idea.

I'm also pretty amazed at people's attitudes towards enagement rings....does all etiquette go out the window when you get engaged?! "how much was the ring?" "how many carats is that?" and as far as " How could you afford something like that" and "I woulnd't have liked that proposal"....excuse me? What? Lucky none of that is your problem then. Smiley amazing

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People really come out of the woodwork when weddings are being planned... seems so odd to me

• Jess
    Curious September 2017 Alberta
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I announced to my friends that we had gotten engaged, I had about 3 friends ask me if they were going to be in my wedding party! I wasn't expecting to be asked outright like that!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

"Can I bring a friend?" NOPE! This isn't a free dinner to just invite whoever to, it's a party I'm throwing for OUR friends and family... not yours.

Also just had someone the other day RSVP on the website (I was editing the site and forgot the hide the page again after I finished), then write FH and say that most of the family doesn't know about the site and we should send it to people again and that she has NO DETAILS for the wedding and wanted to bring someone... ya, you don't have details because we haven't sent out invites yet!!! You'll find out then if you can have a guest! And how are you RSVPing yes to an event you have ZERO details about?!?!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually had someone who I barely talk to anymore because we were best friends and she messed up pretty bad and never apologized, ask me if she was invited to the wedding and I was so stunned because of how she had treated me and expected an invite!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics