Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

April
Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia

What are you most excited about for your Wedding Day?

April, on April 26, 2018 at 17:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22

Is it the reception? Is it the photo booth? Is it walking down the isle? Is it him seeing you in that dress, or seeing her in that dress? Is it the kiss? What is making you jump up and down with excitement?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on April 29, 2018 at 19:34
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m most excited about the queh queh, which is a Guyanese celebration the night before the ceremony.
  • Tezber
    Beginner October 2018 British Columbia
    Tezber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Walking down the aisle and seeing him at the end of it ☺️
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to the ceremony and I can't wait for it to be over. I'm just most exciting to see all our friends and family all together.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just being surrounded by family and friends close to us (some not intended to be there).
  • April
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I sort of anticipated a bunch of issues pre wedding, and so far I really haven't come into any. I dont know why. I'm sort of walking on eggshells. Maybe finally my reactive calling a spade a spade nature has paid off, and everyone is letting us have this time without judgement, or complaint. Also, we totally planned this in like 2 months so maybe we just didn't give people any time to complain. lol Maybe they will at the wedding! But I could care less what they say then, I'll be with my kids, and the love of my life, and nothing else will matter! They could throw cow dung at me, and I'd wear it with a smile lol

• April
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope your day is so amazing, it blows the "pre wedding experience" from your mind, and all you remember is a spectacular day!!

• April
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AHHHHHH!!! I know me too! I mean it sorta seems silly, because he "sees me" everyday, but I don't know its just I'm not in a wedding dress everyday, and MAN ALIVE he is not in a SUPER SEXY suit everyday either!!! I"M SO EXCITED!!!!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

His reaction to seeing me and seeing him for the first time!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly for myself I am so excited to put on my dress and just see his reaction. To finally be married and be his wife is what I am so excited for.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was excited for him to see me in my outfit for the first time and for my vision to come alive!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The entire party! I'm excited to do this in front of those I love.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually have gotten to a point where I'm not excited for the day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm SO excited to marry him and express our love publicly for each other and our intent, but like others have said, the wedding brought up some not so great family stuff and how a lot of people are very selfish. I'm just exhausted by it.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have the same issue. i feel like my family truly shows their age when they bring up elements like a veil, being "given away" by the father (or both parents), corsages, etc.

i've had to constantly put my foot down and say "it's 2018 and im doing what's right for me, meaning that i'm skipping right over a lot of old school traditions"
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im excited for first looks, photos, seeing him in uniform & to walk down the aisle WITH him- NOT parents
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am most excited to see his reaction when I walk down the aisle. I don’t think he will cry, he might. But I hope he smiles. The biggest smile ever, cause I’ll smile right back ❤️
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m just excited to marry him so I guess the ceremony! Then I’m excited for the party and having fun with our wedding party in the limo
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kind of lame but I'm most looking forward to is after the wedding! I can't wait to giddily chat about the day and tell stories and stuff with my husband! If it has to be something during the wedding, I would say seeing his reaction to me in the whole outfit!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel this. Sometimes I wish we had eloped.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m most excited for the ceremony. I can’t wait to marry him!
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s just the excitement of starting our life together. I get that you don’t necessarily need to get married to have this type of thinking. But it’s something special when he is the one expressing that he wouldn’t want to be anywhere else than with me by his side as his wife. There’s something special about that.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Other than officially being his 'Mrs' - Our first look. I can not wait to see the look on my fiancé's face the first time he sees me!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, for it to all be over. I just want to be married to him and want all of the planning done and over with. It brought out a lot of unwanted stress and nastiness from family and friends that we never thought existed. I just can't wait for our lives to start as husband and wife and not have to deal with the BS any longer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics