Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What are the top 3 things you're splurging on?

Lynnie, on August 2, 2017 at 17:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

A great piece of wedding advice I always hear is to pick the top 3 things you care about the most to splurge on, and to try to save on everything else!

What would your top 3 things be and why?

3 things I splurged on were our band, our invitations, and guest transportation!

How to Create a Wedding Budget

Pinterest WeddingPinterest Wedding

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 14:41
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 things
    Photographer
    Videographer
    Dj
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    *I don't mind spending that much for the quality that we are receiving. I'm very impressed.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photography, alcohol, and food. Honestly though I don't mind for the quality.
  • L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photography, dress, food. 😛 I'm lucky & grateful to have so many family/friend connections who cover most of my needs. ❤
  • Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photography and videography is extremely important to me. Both my Nana and Granddads and my Mothers and Fathers photographers lost the wedding photos. I do not want that happening!
    I went over budget on my dress.. only slightly.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photography, dinner, wedding planner.
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are allowing more of the budget for venue/food, my dress and photography.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photography is a good place to splurge! You'll have those pictures for forever, and so many details go into planning your wedding day - you want to make sure you've captured it!!

I'm excited to hear how many people are splurging on flowers! This is an area a lot of my friends have focused less on, but I loooove great floral arrangements! Beautiful floral centerpieces do so much to transform your venue space! Smiley heart

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The top three things we are splurging on would be the flowers, decorations and food. I guess my dress was quite a bit as well but it was needed lol

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're splurging on food and flowers. I spent more than I expected on flowers but my grandmother contributed to them and I love them so I'm ok with it. LOL

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We spent the bulk of our funds on the dinner and drinks, music, and the officiant. We only have a small wedding with 31 in attendance so the greatest cost was the food and open bar. For the music, I've hired a classical guitarist and a wedding singer for the ceremony. Much of the décor I've made myself and I'm baking my own cake. My dress was a steal at $40.00 and I bought a shawl for $12.00.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We splurged on the venue for sure because everything is included with it - decorations, food, alcohol etc. The second would be our DJ and MC, we spent a good amount of money to make sure they were our day of coordinator with all my other vendors, and they will make our wedding unique and different than other weddings we have been to, and the MC will make things flow smoothly and we don't have to worry about someone from our family doing it. The third is the photographer... We wanted to make sure we got the best because memories and photos are important to us 100%

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photographer. We are planning on using about 1/5 of our budget for our photographer.
    Venues. We knew we wanted an outside wedding and we fell in love with this one place, but it's pretty expensive and doesn't have anywhere for a reception... so we actually have 2 venues.
    DJ - ?. Not so sure that we "splurged" on the DJ, but it's definitely one of the more expensive aspects of our wedding. And we probably could have done it for much cheaper.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photographer, Alcohol, Food. Probably in that order, too! Next would be decor, I'm a trained florist so I'll be doing all of the centerpieces and decor, so of course I'm going overboard a little. I originally budgeted $750 for all of the flowers. I think with all of the little decor details like lanterns, DIY dessert stands, seating chart, signage, little things like that, we will be closer to $1,200.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother is splurging on our decorations and my dress!
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I splurged on our photographers, our DJ and our wedding rings. For us, these three things were some of the most important aspects of our wedding! Our venue and flowers were also super important to me, however we got a great deal on both of those so no need to splurge on those!!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I splurged on my photographer and hair lol everything else was about low cost
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say my dress and the venue as 2 of them because they were above what we intended but family helped with those so that saved us a lot of money!
    So from our personal funds I would say photographer, DJ and probably the extras like guestbook, decor, etc. We have purchased a lot more of that extra stuff than anticipated
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue!!! Absolutely in love with it and we couldnt be happier. Just a bit extravagent consider we have like 40 people and it was like $8,000 nothing included.
    After that would be food and photographer.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We splurged on food, guest transportation and DIY supplies Smiley smile . They are not necessarily the top 3 most important things of the wedding but definitely things I wanted to spend a little more on to get the best/what I wanted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics