Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What anniversaries do you celebrate?

Joey, on August 2, 2018 at 10:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 18

It's Joey & Lynnie's Canada-versary!

It was one year ago today when Lynnie and I first introduced ourselves to you all and became part of this wonderful community. While we're over here tossing the confetti in celebration of our first anniversary, we're wondering about the different kinds of anniversaries you all celebrate. Do you and your SO celebrate the anniversary of your first date? Your first kiss? The date you first moved in together? Your engagement anniversary? What else?

What anniversaries do you celebrate?giphy.gif

Here's to many more wonderful years ahead!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on August 14, 2018 at 12:34
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw congratulations on a year with Canada!

We currently just celebrate our dating anniversary but will be adding in our engagement anniversary, followed by our wedding anniversary. I'm really looking forward to it since our dating anniversary is in the middle of winter, thus making it nearly impossible to dress cute to go anywhere, so looking forward to celebrating in the summer (wedding) and fall (engagement).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Happy anniversary Joey and Lynnie! We've only celebrated our dating anniversary but will probably celebrate our engagement again this year and one year to the wedding. Next year, we'll observe our dating (4 years) a week before the wedding. Then, we'll reset at just the wedding a year after that. We might celebrate our "when we met" since it was only 2 1/2 months before dating and we can keep track how long that's been.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just celebrate our dating anniversay and will be celebrating our wedding after we get married.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hehehe, thank you! It's been a great year!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We really only plan our anniversary of when we started dating, once we are married we will be celebrating that anniversary only.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We generally celebrate our dating anniversary which is in March and then we will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary this September.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our dating anniversary is Christmas Eve! And he proposed on our 4th anniversary! We will always celebrated Christmas Eve a little bit more because of it! And then out wedding will be May 24! So we will celebrate that too! On the 24th of every month we always do a little mini celebration/special date night for fun if that counts!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just our anniversary of being together, for now. We started dating June 19th, 2016 but then got engaged almost a year later on June 18th, 2017. So that was just a joint anniversary this year. After we get married on June 1st, 2019 we will just celebrate our wedding anniversary, of course we will still give our years together recognition but it's just silly to celebrate all those anniversaries seperate, especially since they are so close together!
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I celebrate our 1st date Anniversary and will celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Happy Anniversary to you both!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We would be celebrating our first time meeting anniversary which will be 5 years in November.

Now we would be celebrating our wedding anniversary every year now coming soon to our 1st August 25.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are celebrating the anniversary of when we got together today actually! It’s been three years now!

I also intend to make a point of celebrating the day we got engaged this year and then after the wedding next year we’ll celebrate that💍
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our day we first met as our together anniversary (as it took us a few months to make it official. and I didn't want it near bdays and Christmas). but we don't heavy celebrate it. just usually go to dinner. some years a small gift.

we more acknowledge things. like "fb memory says you took me to my 1st tigers playoff game 5 years ago" etc etc.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't really celebrate our anniversary but we do acknowledge the anniversary of our first date (kind of... this year we both missed it and realized it a few days later haha)

Once we are married, we will celebrate our wedding anniversary.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    November 19 - The day he first came to visit me in Canada (he’s from the USA)

July 1 - The day he moved to Canada

April 20, 2019 - Our future wedding date.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were celebrating our first date is our anniversary. But, now it is our wedding date! Although, we got married 2 days before our third dating anniversary, so it will kind of be like we are celebrating both!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all... Congratulations Joey & Lynnie!! Happy One Year Canada-versary!

Umm... we sort of celebrate the day we consider 'officially' being together. Dec. 1st... but this year that will be anniversary #6.... then the next month we'll be hitting reset at the wedding... haha. Now I know why people make a point of saying... "Married for 3, together for 9...."

We don't celebrate anything else. And moving forward I think it would just be our wedding anniversary. Maybe a little mention, or something special for dinner on our original anniversary.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have never been big into celebrating anniversaries, but I will be making a point of changing that when we have a wedding anniversary to celebrate...we have been together for almost 7 years, it feels weird to think about starting at 1 again.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As of rn we have only celebrated our 1 year anniversary together but I fully plan on celebrating our 2nd anniversary together and then after that restarting with wedding anniversaries instead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics