Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen889
Devoted May 2018 Quebec

Welcome table/seating chart

Jen889, on February 9, 2018 at 14:02 Posted in Wedding reception 0 21

Hi Everyone!!

i feel so behind haha i just read about a welcome table, didn't even occur to have one. So... i'm wondering what everyone is putting on theirs? I'm a little lost as i've seen some people put the guestbook and seating chart. I've also seen people put the guestbook and favors. We have favors and hangover kits so i'm worried about it being crowded :/

There's a table in our reception room for cards and gifts but now i'm thinking of putting these on the welcome table so people don't go upstairs (two floor venue) to the reception early just to unload the gifts/cards.

in this case, where would you put the seating chart? We will be doing an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, weather permitting. So i have thinking of setting up a table to have the seating chart on with wine crates and flowers as decor. This was my original plan... help lol

21 Comments

Latest activity by Sharon, on June 19, 2019 at 18:01
  • Sharon
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m a bit late on this but thanks so much for all the advice!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m glad you were able to sort it out! Glad to hear you made a decision!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There's no doors for the second floor. We've spoken to the lady who runs our venue this week. We've decided to put a sign blocking the stairs to the second floor so people don't accidentally go up. Its also why we finally decided to put the cards and gifts on the welcome table. When we move upstairs, a family member will bring them up with us. This way there's no confusion.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think your guests should just go up to the reception unless it's time. If there's doors just keep them closed.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those aren't our favors, they are extra little gifts we are giving. We will be putting them on a different table than the welcome one. People can just walk up and grab one, no names needed.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did the table in the order:
    Name cards on maple leaf clips
    Money box
    Guest book with heaven note.

The favours look good and thinking of putting the names on a string to the kit? It would look complete and the seating chart following. A suggestion that may work if you choose to try out.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't gotten married yet so I don't have a real world test yet.. however, I printed up those samples ( you can tell they aren't perfect.. there's some gaps and one is sideways lol) and my FH and I both stood back as far as we could.. we think its definitely readable.

We're only have 76 people so really I think the crowding won't be too bad. I'll ask someone in our wedding party to make sure to keep it moving too.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would put the seating chart in the same area as where people will be seated. If you want to avoid people heading into the reception early, I would definitely put the card/gift table in another area.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I Love it and I'm sure your guests will appreciate it (the next morning!) Smiley laugh

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! Smiley smile This is how the kits turned out. Finished them today

Welcome table/seating chart 1
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We will be bringing the card basket up with us to the reception floor.

• J
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Jaln ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love your seating chart! Did you find that the text was large enough for people to read easily? I want to do something similar, but I'm concerned with it being so small that a crowd of people trying to find where they're going will develop. My wedding will be about 85 people.

• Daykota
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Daykota ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey, on your welcome table if it’s a different floor then everything else I wouldn’t put your cards there. I’ve been told people will steal the cards. Even though you think it’s family and friends and it would never happen I’ve been told it does! I have big thank yous, we are doing plants, so I made a ladder type display shelf for them and then welcome table has the guest book.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all the suggestions! So we decided to do the guestbook, card and gifts on our welcome table. Our seating chart will be as planned, on a seperate table with the floral arrangements. Our favors and the hangover kits will be on the table inside the reception area.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our welcome table will be pretty similar to what you've read/seen so far:

- Seating chart;

- Guestbook (not sure what'll look like yet);

- Cards box

We're offering 1 drink ticket in lieu of favours just to keep it simple + we're having a cash bar.

If you're worried about over-stuffing the table, you could pull out the hangover kits (that's genius, btw!!) near the end of the evening or at the same time as the late night snack. People would be less likely to forget about and leave them behind.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    People signing the globe with that saying, that’s so cool and unique!!! Love that !
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are putting a scrapbook I made of us over the years on the welcome table with some flowers and lights, we have a separate table for the favours and cards and all that
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep it simple is my best suggestion. Don't over crowd your welcome table. If you have too much things on it, when your guests come in they will linger by the entrance too long.

I plan to my seating chart, card box, "guest book" (doing a picture frame and everyone will sign that) and a couple simple decorations.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what my welcome table will look like (except I've sort of awkwardly set it up in my house lol)
    I'm doing my card box (mailbox), my seating chart (all the frames there) and my guest book (globe) on the table.

When you come into the venue for the reception, you'll be greeted with a sign that says go right for gifts, left for reception and up for washrooms. When you go into the reception, this table will be off to the side just before going into the main room with all the tables!
    Welcome table/seating chart 2

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have so much stuff on our tables (we have the menu since it's buffet and cards that say "thank you for sharing our first meal with us as mr and mrs") already that i'm afraid it will be too crowded with favors as well. Our wedding is so small, 46 ppl, that we can literally talk to everyone and tell them to grab one from a separate table. Plus theyre cupcakes, don't think people will leave with out them haha. i'll send our decorator an email and see what she thinks about putting them on the table with the menus. When we first met with her we just had those little mr and mrs tags.

I just stalked the photos of the venue and there's a long piece of furniture as soon as you walk in that i think will be perfect foe the welcome table. so i'm thinking guestbook and cards/gifts. this way people won't have to lug them around. Come in, deposit stuff, sign book, head outside for ceremony.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How our venue is set up, we don't have a ton of space inside the venue, nor do we have long tables. My plan is to have the seating chart in the hallway outside the reception area. This way people can see where they are sitting before it opens. There will be a small table inside the hall on the right side for gifts and another small one on the left side with the guest book. Our favours are on each table because they double as the centrepieces.

From what I've seen, most people do not take favours when they are at a separate table. But, when they are at their tables, people are more likely to take them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics