Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie July 2019 Prince Edward Island

Wedshoots: Can people outside of Canada access?

Krista, on June 5, 2019 at 09:30 Posted in Tech support 0 9
I’m in Canada and tried out Wedshoots and really liked it so I sent it to guests. One of the guests who is currently in the US said she can’t download it because it’s not for her country. Any ways to get around this??

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on June 20, 2024 at 15:39
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Karen! Currently Wedshoots for WeddingWire.ca is still only available in the Canadian app store.

• K
    Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

5 years later- has the 'not for American guests' thing been fixed?

• K
    Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

5 years later, same problem ! Our American guests will not be able to share in the fun. I am surprised this has not been addressed yet

• K
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your feedback Tori. Yeah, I’m thinking the same thing. I liked the idea of WedShoots better than tags on social media as it was more private but private messaging or another app seems to be the only option at this point. We’re having a small wedding so, even though only 3 families are from outside the country, it ends up being a good number of our guests.
  • K
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay. I’ll have to look in to other options other than WedShoots then, which is disappointing. I would suggest that this be something that your team look into as it is designed for guests, and guests are often not from the same country.
  • WeddingWire Support Team
    WeddingWire Admin December 2018 District of Columbia
    WeddingWire Support Team ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Accessing a different country's app store is possible, but it's pretty complicated. The store that someone can access depends on their Apple ID or Google Play account.

For example, if they're on an iOS device, they would need to create a new Apple ID, set it up with a Canadian location (and billing address), then log out of their main Apple ID on their device and log into the new Apple ID, which would allow them to access the Canadian app store. They'd then have to switch back to their regular Apple ID after the app has been downloaded.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good question - I only have a couple guests from outside Canada but it would have been nice to have them use it. I guess just ask those people to use either a different app or send them to you on FB?

• K
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s unfortunate! I would have used a different website and app if I realized this. Is there any way to access the Canadian App Store from another country, or to access while they are in canada?
  • WeddingWire Support Team
    WeddingWire Admin December 2018 District of Columbia
    WeddingWire Support Team ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Krista! Great question. Wedshoots for WeddingWire.ca is only available in the Canadian app store, so unless your guest has access to the Canadian app store, they wouldn't be able to download the app. I'm sorry about that, and I'll pass your feedback about this along!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics