Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn
Beginner October 2022 Quebec

Weddings 2022

Kaitlyn, on October 1, 2020 at 16:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hey Everyone!!

I was curious to know if those looking at a 2022 wedding have decided when they will send their Save the Dates??

Ours is planned for Oct 2022, so still 2 years away, but i was wondering given covid if we should be sending out Save the Dates and Invites earlier then normal?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlyn, on October 15, 2020 at 15:39
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you ! Yes fingers crossed that by then things will be opening up to larger crowds! Given we have chosen a holiday weekend we're thinking of sending the STDs about 9-12months before. All will be done electronically so it will definitely be easier!!

Thank you & Congratulations to everyone on their future weddings!!

• K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are in April 2022, and I am not sure if we are going to do STD at all. We may just do an electronic version or FB everyone to tell them and then send the formal invites out. Everyone is from the same area so it shouldn't be a problem and we also want to see what COVID is going to do. Congratulations on your engagement as well! Smiley smile

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a few others have said, I’d wait on sending out your save the dates... if you send them too far in advance people may forget. A good time to send them out would be about a year before the wedding ... hopefully by then covid will have died down as well. In terms of your invites, I’d send them about 4 months before the wedding Smiley smile.
    Congrats on your engagement Smiley smile
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you all for your advice!!! I really appreciate it Smiley smile

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also getting married in 2022 (July). We plan to send out virtual save the dates next summer ( a year in advance). We have also been verbally telling family members from out of town that we know we would like to have there.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't send out save the dates at all. We did word of mouth (everyone invited are people we see fairly regularly) and thought about doing a Facebook group as a save the date. Once Covid hit we totally put off doing the Facebook save the date and are glad we did now. No one is over 3 hours drive away except one person and we have told him what date to save.
  • Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would totally wait at least 6 months before! Things are changing fast now and COVID has been so unpredictable. The province is changing restrictions regularly. I would personally Just send invites about 3 months before the wedding and just verbally communicate save the date unless you are planning a larger wedding and inviting guests overseas.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly wouldn’t. We sent our save the dates the week before covid broke out so they arrived for everyone going into lockdown. We had so many people asking if we were postponing and holding back their responses even when we sent the invites out because they were so unsure of the situation. I wouldn’t send them out any earlier than 6 months unless covid changes for the better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics