Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dustin
Newbie February 2020 Ontario

Wedding website

Dustin, on June 2, 2017 at 14:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

What are the pros and cons to having a wedding website? Does anyone else still do the old school snail mail RSVPs?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Janie, on June 3, 2017 at 10:44
  • Janie
    Beginner June 2018 Quebec
    Janie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well, with the website, it's just easier to organize everything! But, some people in my family are not really good with technology, so I will probably have some problems with itSmiley smile but, in general, I think the website is the best option!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a wedding website and it is just easier to keep track off everything such as meal options and who picked what and RSVP's. You can list all the important details of the wedding such as hotels, ceremony and reception time, locations, maps etc. You don't have to mail out stamps and everything else needed for guests to RSVP as well! I would say cons would be for maybe the older population who don't necessarily use computers and could have trouble using the website!

• Dustin
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Dustin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're considering giving an invitation and an enclosure card with our URL.. looks like this:

Enclosure CardEnclosure Card

• Becca
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When you use a wedding website you you give your guest the link by email or on the invites??? Because Ive made a wedding website, and i like it because it's less exepensive, and you can give a lot of informations. But how do you give the link? Do you have to get the email of alllllll your guests??
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only cons I've heard of so far are:

- The website going down/malfunctioning when guests are trying to RSVP. Obviously not common, but I've heard this complaint from someone before.

-If you have older guests, some of them may prefer to RSVP the traditional way.

Other than that, they're fabulous! A great way to relay information to your guests like registry info, directions, etc. without crowding up your invite. A big money saver too if you don't have the budget to spend on stamps, etc. for RSVP cards.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of the big pros is that you can relay a lot of information to a lot of people in a lot of locations quickly. You also have an easier way of keeping track of your RSVP responses. You can add photos and keep people updated on your planning as well. I haven't found any cons yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics