Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie May 2023 Ontario

Wedding Website

Melissa, on January 2, 2022 at 09:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Happy New Year Everyone!!
I hope everyone is well. I just wanted to ask your thoughts on a wedding website. My fiancé and I are not sure if we should have a wedding website or not. Any insight and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Melissa

8 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on January 12, 2022 at 18:17
  • M
    Newbie May 2023 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a good point about the additional information.
  • M
    Newbie May 2023 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you this is very helpful.

• Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having a quasi-destination wedding (weekend trip close by) so a website for us was a must. We decided to use squarespace and have never looked back. It's so beautiful and easy to set up, plus the RSVPs get sent directly to a spreadsheet linked to our wedding email.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on using the wedding website on here. We don't have too much information we require from people and it has what options we need. I also like that you can keep people easily update through a website, provide hotel options (if needed) or anything else that may not be available via "traditional" routes.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Carmel, we used WithJoy. We even did our invites digitally through them and really took advantage of the custom questions to streamline the RSVPs, which made things so much more organized. It's also free so unless your or the vast majority of your guests hate the idea of going online to get information, there's really no reason not to use one. Most sites require very little technical know-how to build.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are not having a wedding website. We are going the traditional route of everything

• M
    Newbie May 2023 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Ill check it out for sure.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! I'm not sure how you plan to do your invites but keeping them simple and then directing guests to the website on the back (or a separate card) for more detailed info (and to answer the thousand questions they won't then bug you for) is the way to go. Also online RSVPs make life so much easier. WithJoy was what we used as you could customize the RSVP questions so we could get all info we needed (including who was staying in town the night before and we'd need to invite to our out of town dinner). It was then all in a super easy to use spreadsheet and we could email guests from there for updates in regards to covid. So great when we had to postpone! Our website also included dress codes, directions, places to stay, the registry link, explanations to traditions and customs they were going to see and experience, other random FAQs and photos. Loved using WithJoy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics