Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sky
Newbie September 2025 Alberta

Wedding Website

Sky, on April 3, 2020 at 01:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Is it really that necessary??
All my ladies in my family think it's super crucial to have a wedding website. But I just don't get the point. Nor do I feel it's really that important to be adding another thing to manage.

What do y'all think? Do you have one? Do you love it? Hate it?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 12:32
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its not necessary. we made one cuz we didnt send rsvps and postage back it was cheaper for us to make a website then to add that stuff. plus we are gonna post our wedding photos for people to download from our website. we also added hotel info and discounts and driving instructions as well for out of town people.

• Lily
    Newbie July 2021 Greater London
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All my friends had one and I will definitely create one, too. I feel that nowadays everyone has their phone with them, so all the helpful info being in one place on your phone is just great! You can put everything up, all the info, maps, timeline, colours, photos after the wedding, hashtag, if you will have. Basically everything. Yes, yes and yes, I am sure you will love it!

• First
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    First ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made one mostly because I was really excited and found it fun to set it all up. I’m going to use it to post information about hotel blocks, link to registry etc. and include a link to it with our invites. I think the same thing can be accomplished using a detail card inserted into the invites, so it’s whatever you prefer!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know some of my cousins did a wedding website and they felt it was better that way for them personally. We didn't make one feeling it wasn't a necessity due to the time given and not having so much information to give. It saved on sending the paper invites with less of postage to the U.S. for family mainly. Other than that, I personally handed out to family and friends within local areas of the east side, west side and in the area of our city. You two feel its not needed to have a website, don't do it. Family can think something is better to do and right path to follow, though they may be suggesting the idea of it.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made a wedding website just for the fun of it, not because I thought people would necessarily use it. A website really isn’t necessary and is totally optional.

We sent out paper invitations with all the details guests would need including a map and accommodations card.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't have one.

They're great if you need to supply information to a lot of people, like hotel information, maps, or links to registries. If you're having a smaller wedding or have less things to coordinate then you probably don't need one. They can also be a great way to gather RSVPs.
    We won't need maps or hotel info, the guests from out of town we will help to find air b&bs so they can stay a little longer. Our registry info I'll give out if someone asks, there aren't enough things on it to share the registry with everyone (I only made it for the shower that probably isn't happening). For RSVPs I set up a fresh Gmail account, we will ask guests to send any photos they took to the website so we can have extra memories after the wedding!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had one - and it was helpful for most people. Of course, we still got the occasion question sent directly to us instead of them going to our website... but I'm the type of person to tell them to then go look on our Smiley smile It's so that I wouldn't have to explain the same thing over and over again since our wedding was a) over 200 people b) outside the city c) using a bus to shuttle guests who signed up for it d) because we were having only one food option (unless they declared themselves vegan/vegetarian, and e) because we were a NO KIDS wedding

If you won't mind the questions being asked (even as close as the wedding day - because I did have people text me... which I didn't reply to... they then went to the wedding website and found the answers) then I would say it's fine to not have one.

At the same time, it's really not that hard/ time consuming to make one. You don't have to keep it up to date - just have the time/locations, food menu, open bar/ cash bar/ etc. info, registry, etc. and then leave it as is. There is an option to do a blog, but you don't have to.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do have one and, while they're not not necessary, I think it's worth it. I still went with paper invites but I like that I can add all the details to the website instead of printing out extra details cards, programs, menus, etc. The only guests of ours who aren't especially tech-savvy would be our grandparents and they can get help from us or their kids.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont have one - I sent out paper invites and the invites had all the info in them people needed. I wouldn’t say wedding websites are necessary.

I’m not a fan of electronic invites and wedding websites personally, I think for people who aren’t tech savvy it doesn’t work and I just prefer to have everything on an invite on my fridge.
    At the end of the day, do what you like and what you think works for you. It’s your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics