Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Trisha
Curious October 2018 Ontario

Wedding Website...

Trisha, on April 3, 2018 at 11:52 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22

We have decided we are going to have a website for our wedding and probably would use Weddingwire.ca...

Question: What ideas/information did u put on there? I think I need to look at some to get some ideas. Google isn't very helpful.

Anyone willing to share their website address, so I could peek and get some ideas? Smiley smile Thanks!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on April 5, 2018 at 14:40
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem at all Smiley smile

• Julie
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used a free Wordpress Site. I am not willing to pay for a page. I used tutorials online to figure it out. I am making invitations myself on Canva and will email them out, hyperlinked to the webpage when clicked (free invites yay! will print a few for old people). Intro page has basic details, then tabs across the top that connect to other pages. There is/will be: an RSVP page that connects to Google Forms. A Venue Directions page. An Additional Info page (thanking them for attending, timings for everything, link to Fund Registry/suggesting envelope gifts, link to upload and share photos from the day, where we'll be staying that night if they want to join, etc). A Photos page. We are moving from Van to On 2 mnths before so not much of my fam knows him well, so this way they can see some of our hiking and such together and get to know him. Have fun with it! Smiley smile

Site pageWedding Website... 1

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

Of course anytime.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used Wix.com, best website to make a website in my personal opinion! On it was have the homepage, which outlines what guests will find on the website. Then we have "Our Story" page, telling how we met and the engagement. We have a "Wedding" page which explains any information about the wedding and venue. "Our Guests" page that tells the guests about the specific accommodations we will be setting up for them. "RSVP" page, this is how all our guests will RSVP to the wedding. "Updates"page, obviously a page of any updates they may need to know. The we have out engagement gallery, and a contact us page since this will be the easiest way for guests to contact us. I decided on the website mainly because it is the best way to keep all guests in the loop and up to day especially with the distance. This side also has a mobile version on the site we make.

Wedding Website... 2

Wedding Website... 3

Wedding Website... 4
  • Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful website!

Awesome job, I would love something like this!! Hmm, ideas ideas! Thank you for sharing!

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice website!

You gave me great ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful Engagement photos btw Smiley smile

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice website!!

That would be the design I would go for if I am going to use theknot. (I think because I love how black backgrounds look great haha)

Thanks for sharing!

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice Website!

I like how you scroll down and all the information is already there. That was something I was pinning on and it seems like WeddingWire design doesn't do that unless I go premium? (Will activate when time gets closer, and when we send off our Save the date)

I somehow fiddled on theknot wedding website page, I can't seem to like a design I want like I found on Weddingwire. AHH! Decisions decisions!! haha

• Shelly
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm tempted to use a custom template over on Wix since I find them more attractive. But not sure how we are doing our RSVPs yet. If we decided to do them online to save money, I might use a website that will allow for online RSVPs.

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha! Thanks!!

Will definitely use those tips!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Trisha, I have you covered!

10 Things Every Wedding Website Needs

5 Ways to Take Your Wedding Website to the Next Level

5 Wedding Website Don’ts

20 Questions to Answer on Your Wedding Website’s FAQ Page

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The knot was much easier for me, ours is
    theknot.com/us/longhornwedding2019
    I would love any feedback you have if you do check it out Smiley smile
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found the knot more user friendly to upload addresses as well as more website options- you can check ours out at :

https://www.theknot.com/us/jodi-coutu-and-tyler-carberry-sep-2018?utm_campaign=wedding-websites-share&utm_content=short-link&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=theknot.com
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used one called www.withjoy.com, simply because I liked that it was an easy address to remember and very clean looking. Some guests commented that it was difficult to use, but anyone who isn't the best with technology will struggle with any wedding website.

We had:

-Our Story

-RSVP (which included if they were attending, dietary restrictions, menu choice, song requests)

-Our bridal party pics and small bio

-Timeline (where and when the ceremony and reception would be)

-Things to do in our location (for out of town guests)

-Accomodations and Travel Options

-Small FAQ (dress code, open bar, who to ask questions to, can they bring guests/children)

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm using wedding wire. On my menu i added:
    - rsvp
    - our story
    - info of the wedding with map
    - accommodation (yet to be added)
    - blog
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé made our website using a template he found. So,our categories are
    About the bride and about the groom
    our love story
    our wedding party (just pics and names. Some websites i’ve seen also include a blurb about each but not ours)
    Hotel accommodations
    a few of our fave restaurants
    some sights to see
    venue info
    registry info
    RSVP
    a link to the streaming site we will have up for people who can’t make it but the want to watch
    a link to my blog
    i think that’s it
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used theknot for our wedding site, mainly due to the RSVP option gives you a choice of meal selection

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is ours: https://www.weddingwire.ca/web/liangstiven

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have one on my profile if you'd like to look. My wedding details aren't filled out yet, because I don't have all of them yet, but what we will be including is:

- Dress Code
    - Adults Only (states this on the invitation but we will reiterate)
    - Complimentary Welcome Cocktail, Followed by Cash Bar (so people can prepare)
    - Venue address, parking situation (we have rented the parking lot next door, so we will give directions)
    - Times & details (very vague day-of timeline, so people know how late to have lunch, for example)
    - Registry information - we are registering for our honeymoon, so I want to be able to write a note for guests, explaining why it means so much to us (as many people think cash is impersonal)

I am also using it for majority of my RSVPs (I'm send out a dozen or so RSVP cards to older guests, but if they can use a computer, they will RSVP electronically).

Also, I am using the website to have a few stories about my FH and myself, with some engagement photos. To allow for people who either only know me, or only know him, to know us better.

They have an option to have a "Contact" form too, which I will be using, so that if people have questions, I'm not getting texts and Facebook messages, but e-mails that I can take time to reply to.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going to use wedding wire, right now not much info up as so far down the road for me. I was going to have an accommodations page, events page for buck and doe tickets and anything leading up to that, photos page, home page, rsvp page
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't use wedding wire for our website. Instead we used the knot. Here is a link to our website if you'd like to check it out. https://www.theknot.com/us/jen-fortin-and-adrian-pomber-jun-2018-c048b675-09b8-48ce-a11f-502814d509ce?utm_campaign=wedding-websites-share&utm_content=short-link&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=theknot.com

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you click on someone’s profile you might be able to view their website if they have one. Wedding wire pretty much does it all for you and then you can edit and add to it if you want. You can choose your layout/theme and add photos. Feel free to click on my name and go view mine. I haven’t used them but I believe you can set up surveys/polls for your guests too. Mines mostly just used for rsvping.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics