Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kiersten
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Wedding venues in ottawa

Kiersten, on March 15, 2017 at 12:55 Posted in Ontario 0 4

I'm still in the early stages of planning my wedding and already I'm feeling overwhelmed. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for venues in ottawa that would be able to do the wedding and reception kind of in like an all in one sort of thing and something that is not too expensive as I'm on a tight budget.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on March 17, 2017 at 09:38
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kiersten! Welcome to our group! I'm so happy to see that you already got great advice in here and met other ladies from Ottawa! Let us know how it goes! Smiley smile You can also take a look at the venues in our directory: Wedding Venues Ottawa

Or join us in this discussion: The venue and catering. Check?

What type of venue would you like to go for? Banquet hall or rustic barn?

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is The Herb Garden which is in Almonte. We got a significant discount because we're getting married on a Sunday morning (with brunch!).

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Kiersten!
    I would have a look at Strathmere. My fiancé and I wanted a very small intimate wedding that would fit our small budget and they were who we went with! What I love about them is that everything is taken care of for you. They provide the food (from a scratch kitchen might I add!), the reception venue and the ceremony site. They're very organized and friendly as well. It's been nice not having g to stress about anything since they take care of all the big stuff!
    They also have a spa on site that can do your makeup and they do manicures and everything which is great. Also they have some rooms for out of town guests.
    We only went a little over budget for this place (our budget was 5000 but we paid about 7000) but to us it was worth not having the stress of dealing with caterers and a separate reception site and everything.
    Our wedding isn't until October but so far I'm very impressed with this venue and how on top of everything they are.
    Good luck with the planning Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kiersten! Here is some advice I previously gave to someone else who was looking for venues in Ottawa:

"Welcome fellow Ottawan! Most of the museum's in town will let you hold a wedding there, Bean town ranch is worth looking into, Mackenzie-King estate, Billings estate, bearbrook farm, the Shaw centre, Chateau Laurier (probably costly), Chelsea winery, Wakefield is a pretty place and not super far as is Perth. Also check with hotels in town and even restaurants. There are so many hidden gems in Ottawa for weddings! Also, if you find a place you like it never hurts to just ask them about hosting your wedding there and see what they say. Good luck in your search and if I think of anything else I'll let you know ☺ "

I hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics