Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Wedding venue put up for sale?

Nz, on February 7, 2022 at 15:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
My unique wedding venue just got put up for sale. When I called them, the lady at the desk said they (all the highly recommended staff) were all told that nothing would change for this summer-fall season (wedding in sept) and all staff would be the same. The venue is only open may to october. I am in shock that they are up for sale and I emailed the event planner who is also the owner, and I am hoping to hear back asap as I am freaking out.

We signed a contract back in march 2021 after spending 2 months vetting places, already sent out save the dates, hired dj and also a photographer, and spent a weekend there in the fall and loved it. I feel like things should be ok based on what the staff member told me, but hypothetically couldn't the owners do a super fast closing and new owners could either raise prices astronomically or run the place poorly?
What do I even do? I don't even want to think about looking at other venues less than 8 months out, but I'm really scared at the moment.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on February 20, 2022 at 16:31
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think checking with them would be the best thing to do. I’m surprised the venue did not contact you to let you know and to confirm that all is well since you give a deposit. I’m hoping that all works out with you.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The news of the venue closing would be scary to know if the new owners will be understanding to keep the contract without any changes being made or price increase. Keep checking on it to see what happens and you choose to have a back up plan in case anything goes wrong, your secured and should get your refund back.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that!!

Sometimes when venues sell like this they still have to honor existing contracts - so I'd figure out their plans ASAP and get everything they tell you in writing! You'll be able to breathe more easily once you have a written copy of your venue's reassurance that they will uphold your contract in it's entirety! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics