Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2024 Ontario

Wedding venue problem

Emily, on June 8, 2023 at 08:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
I need advice on what to do. We went and found what we thought was the perfect venue. However I have contacted them multiple times and the communication on their end has not been the best. Should I just cut my losses and look for a different venue? I'm at a loss.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kelli, on July 15, 2023 at 14:58
  • Kelli
    Frequent user September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    6 months is way to long to get back to you. I would just cut your losses and focus on finding another beautiful venue that will communicate with you throughout the planning process.
  • Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think when it comes to wedding planning you should do everything possible to lower your stress level. It’s a lot. Having to chase your vendors around is NOT going to help lower your stress levels
  • E
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have contacted another venue and we are going to go see it on Sunday.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is the venue near your house? Maybe stop by and see them in person to get some answers-it's harder to ignore someone in person than a voicemail/email and then decide

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others almost 6 months is WAY too long to wait for a response! Cut your losses, I am sure there are much better venues out there. I would start looking ASAP because September is a SUPER popular month for weddings.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's defiantly way to long for a reply. I would look for another venue.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Agree, that's way long to not have contacted you back. You might be saving yourself lots of headaches if the writing is already on the wall. Good luck! Smiley heart

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cut your losses, Jan/Feb that's too much.

• E
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been contacting them since jan/feb. But as a wedding venue then you would think they would contact you no matter what. Just saying

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is wedding season and they tend to be slow at returning your call, I would not email them as there's so many factors, like they don't check their junk mail, or your email gets lost. I would call them first thing in the morning and if by next week still nothing I would look for something else as you need to book your venue as soon possible especially if you are looking at 2024.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics