Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amy-Lynn
Curious May 2022 Ontario

Wedding venue confusion

Amy-Lynn, on October 16, 2016 at 21:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hello all,

I am looking for any advice you can pass over about wedding venues. The reason why I am struggling so much in finding a venue or even an area, is because most of my family will be the ones travelling a distance to the venue. Where as my fiance is more local to this current area. Im struggling due to the fact I don't want to base the venue off of my family for the distance or his. Insight would be nice please and thank you.

I apologize if I confused you.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on November 5, 2016 at 15:53
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your welcome! Smiley smile The community is always here to help out by answering questions, giving advice, start fun discussions to lighten the stress load a little bit! You can also get some great ideas from other people on here!

• Amy-Lynn
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Amy-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankyou sooo much, I love them both. I really appreciate you all helping me. It is all wonderful advice and it's helping me Smiley smile.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats why we are here !!! To help others Smiley smile plus its in my nature to help others !
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so sweet of you do look into that for Amy!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the other brides. Once you know the style you're going for (outdoor, indoor, hotel, restaurant, church, etc) and how many guests you want to invite, then you can start looking for venues that meet that criteria within the areas you're interested in. Happy hunting!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just looking up some different venues in the Whitby/Oshawa area to kind of help you out.

Jubilee Pavilion Banquet & Conference Centre. You can have an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. The ceremony would likely be by the water, and you could decorate in a rustic way.

http://www.jubileepavilion.com/

I found this website that lists different venues in the area and has them categorized. Might be a good website to check out!

http://www.exploredurham.ca/saying-i-do-in-durham/

This one I am posting is further but might be worth checking out if you are going for "rustic" type wedding! It is located in Pontypool which is closer to Lindsay. But just thought I would try to send some helpful suggestions!

http://www.southpondfarms.ca/weddings-2/

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know what kind of venue you are looking at or how many guests you will be having but I was in a wedding at Trillium Trails and it was a good location for wedding photos! and You have the bridal suite upstairs to get ready in and you can do the ceremony outside, inside if the weather isn't that great. It was a nice venue Smiley smile

• Amy-Lynn
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Amy-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! yeah I'm trying to find one we both love
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amy! I think that as long as you pick a venue to suit your needs and your fiance's needs that your family will be happy no matter the location! I totally get wanting to please your guests but you can't please everybody.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amy Smiley heart Welcome to the community!!

I'm so happy you are reaching out about this! I know it can be confusing to decide on a location when you both come from different areas, but don't worry I'm sure you'll find a great middle ground Smiley smile

I really like what Valerie and Nelly suggested, there are a few aspects you should consider when choosing the ideal venue, like style, budget, number of guests, etc.

I made this test to help you find what's best for you and I'll make sure to give you the best suggestions. Smiley winking

Start with these two questions:

Big or intimate wedding?

City or coutryside?

You'll see that at the bottom of every discussion, there's a link to go to the next question. That will help you narrow down you options. I can't wait to read your answers!

You should also have a look at our vendors in our directory, see if one meets what you're looking for:

Wedding Venues Whitby

Where are both of your families coming from? What would be a middle ground for both?

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First decide on what type of venue you're interessted in. I think as long as your family has transportation they won't mind travelling, just choose a venue that you love

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amy!

Welcome to the community!

Deciding on location can be a bit overwhelming. I think it's best to consider your guests, but don't get SO focused on only that point. What type of venue are you looking for? Park, banquet hall, vineyard...? That will play a big role in location. Also consider your budget. If you are near a major city (say Toronto), prices are MUCH higher than if you were to look outside of the city.

If you are really struggling, narrow it down to 2 areas (maybe by his family vs by yours) and then find maybe 3 venues you really love in each area and go on a tour. You may go somewhere and just fall in love when you see it and that will make the decision for you!! (That's what happened with my fiance and I, we fell in love with the first venue tour I booked and didn't bother going to any of our other appointments)

I hope that gives you a jumping off point! If you have any further details or questions we (the community) would be happy to help!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics