Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Beginner July 2018 Alberta

Wedding venue blues

Amelia, on July 18, 2017 at 15:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
After being together for 5 years I am finally engaged!! Felt like all my dreams were coming true, until the wedding venue search began. I've always dreamed of getting married on the beach, over looking mountains, surrounded by nature, but my budget doesn't agree. Most places I've contacted about cost have replied that they have a minimum spending of 17000.00 or more. Does anyone know of a venue that isn't going to gouge us on cost but still give me the wedding I've been dreaming of? I live in Alberta, but have a cabin in B.C. We can't go as far as the coast but could really use some help.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 19, 2017 at 13:40
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing Calgary and some venues are pretty crazy. We went with a golf course and some of those are quite reasonable. Our venue initially seemed high but when we considered everything that was included in the minimum that we didn't need to spend somewhere else it turned out to be not too bad.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What's your guest list size and how much are they charging? I didn't even consider asking the Fairmont because I thought they would be even more expensive. It's a beautiful location, I'm sure your wedding will be amazing!
  • M
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Mari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a similar issue with venues. Minimum costs for food and beverage at places make it totally insane. We are getting married at Fairmont Hot Springs and it is so beautiful. Depending on the size of your guest list they have a few options for reception location. I attached a picture of their ceremony site!

Wedding venue blues - 1
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'm going for a simple garden theme. Lots of greenery and fairy lights. I've contacted a few vendors in Alberta as well, just waiting to hear back.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amelia,

Maybe you should take a look at all the Wedding Venues in Alberta.

Hope you find the venue you've always dreamed of Smiley smile

Have you settled for a wedding theme yet ?

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ceremony space, reception room, overnight room, buffet, bar (not open bar but we're paying for all pop and juice and some bottles of alcohol, etc).
    I think that's the main stuff. I don't remember talking about decor. The room looked nice enough lol
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Somewhere between 50-120 we have big families but they're from out of town so we're not sure who will all come. What did the 7000 cover? Food and decor or just the venue?
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How many ppl ? I'm getting married at the Delta lodge in Kananaskis and it was about 7000 for 50 ppl. I wanted Lake Louise but it was 15,000 for 50 lol. Check out delta Lodge. It's all mountains and has a river.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep your chin up! i felt the same way when i started my search and we found exactly what we were looking for shortly after i posted on here. if you do find you can't find anything that works in the near future, consider a longer engagement to save up a little extra for that special day.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our guest list is 120, but we're assuming that the number of people attending will be closer to 80. I've tried a few venues but nothing near jasper that I can recall.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you looked in Jasper? How many people are you looking for?
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah I see. Maybe you can find a park or someone you know has a large property that could host your wedding.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been considering having the ceremony there but it's a very small yard and it's on a mountain so there isn't much parking. Only 20 people would be able to come if they don't drive themselves.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you get married at your cabin in BC? It would save you a lot of money in the long run as venues tend to be expensive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics