Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie November 2019 Alberta

Wedding Timings

Casey, on January 13, 2018 at 21:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hey girls!

My fiance and I are looking to have our wedding at an outdoor ceremony location in Canmore, AB (probably Quarry Lake Park) and having the reception at a different location that is a 5 min drive away. Just wondering what people recommend having the ceremony timing at? We will be having a dinner reception. Also wondering if anyone has used this ceremony location before and if they bused people to/from the site? Most of my guests will be out-of-towners.

Thanks! Smiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 19, 2018 at 11:18
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our ceremony from 4-4:20. Cocktails from 4:30 to almost 6 and then dinner.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it is. Basically the way we are looking at it is if somebody is willing to pay to travel for the wedding then they can figure out transportation as well. They will already have to get to the hotel from the airport somehow and travel for anything else they will be doing while they are in town so it shouldnt be difficult for them to arrange for transportation at the wedding.
    Saves us a lot of money and a logistical headache. I dont think anybody would expect you to provide transportation... Its just very nice and convenient for guests if you do.
  • C
    Newbie November 2019 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are hoping for the end of July in 2019! Yeah I keep going back and forth about the transportation...much cheaper if everybody provides their own!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds awesome! What time of year are you planning your wedding for??

We will be having our ceremony at a local park here and our reception at a property 10 mins away. Lots of out of town guests as well.

We will be doing our ceremony at 3:00 and our recpetion cocktail hour will start about 4... We are thinking dinner about 5:30 or so. We are doing all our photos before the ceremony so we can have a quicker turnaround Smiley smile

We are not providing transportation to anyone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics