Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Aubrey
Curious June 2023 Ontario

Wedding Timeline Without a First Look?

Aubrey, on January 24, 2022 at 21:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 3 6
For anyone who’s done or is in the process of creating their wedding timeline without a first look, how did you plan your day out? I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this! Smiley smile We’re struggling to plan our timeline out based on no first look & 8 hours of photo/video.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 25, 2022 at 14:01
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had an 8-hour contract for photo and video. We also didn't have a first look. This is my timeline for the photographer/videographer:

2:00pm - Photographer/Videographer arrives and split into

*We only had two single shooters for each medium so we had photographer shoot ladies first during the "get ready" while video shoots gents and then swap them after 20 min sessions. It also helped us avoid overcrowding during covid.

2:40pm - Bridal Party group photos and video shots outside venue

3:00pm - Chinese tea ceremony

3:45pm - Family portraits

4:30pm - Additional "getting ready" photos of bride and groom getting into wedding outfits.

5:00pm - B-roll, guests arriving

5:30pm - Wedding ceremony

6:00pm - Formal portraits at altar with guests

6:30pm - Wedding party photos and video

7:00pm - Bride and groom photos and video

7:30pm - Wedding party grand entrance, bride and groom first dance

9:00pm - Bride and groom take pictures at each table

10:00pm - Photography and videography services end

My suggestion is, don't pack the timeline too tightly because things will likely go longer than expected (especially when you have random people pulling you from all sides) or things may run late. We gave ourselves more time for the formal portraits because inevitably, some family members will want to hog more time. By giving yourself some buffer room, it'll let you get back on track in the event one thing is delayed or another takes more time than you expect.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding schedule started for 1pm given pictures of things we had set up for outfits/accessories/etc., and 1 hour each of family shots getting ready time. The first looks were out of the question since the outfits were seen ahead of time as he had to pick his out with choosing the shoes and hat to match the outfit.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The beginning of my day…for the wedding timeline. We did not have a videographer and our photographer was there for a bit and only with me.

Wedding Timeline Without a First Look? 1

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Aubrey,
    My hubby and I did not have a first look either. So… This was our timeline:
    Wedding Timeline Without a First Look? 2
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our timeline looked like this:
    1:00pm - photographer to bride for getting ready photos, second photographer to groom
    2:15pm - leave for ceremony 3-3:30pm - ceremony 3:30-4:00pm - photos with guests 4:00-4:15pm - family photos 4:15-5:15pm - wedding party + bride and groom photos 5:30pm - wedding party + bride and groom entrance 6:15pm - dinner and speeches 8:00pm - first dance, dance floor opens 9:00pm - photography done
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are not having a first look and so far this is our timeline

330pm ceremony

4pm-6pm photos

5pm cocktails

6pm Reception Dinner and dance

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles