Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Wedding timeline help!

Hailey, on April 26, 2022 at 09:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 16

Hey lovely friends,

I need some advice on my timeline sign (we have all the time in the world as its at family property however I wanted some input how this looks!)

I am also wondering where I should put the garter toss and the bouquet toss! originally I was thinking after the first dances? Let me know your thoughts Smiley heart

2:30-3 first touch/letter bride/groom (wont be on the timeline)

For the sign I am thinking this

3:00 Ceremony

3:45-5 Cocktail & yard games

5:00 Bride & groom entrance

5:30/6:00Speeches

5:30/ 6:00 Dinner

cake cutting

7:00 First dances (bride/groom, father/daughter, mother groom)

7:00/7:30/8- 10 dancing!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 6, 2022 at 22:53
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dinner timing should be for 6pm if your having speeches done and the parents/wedding party giving the speeches food is getting cold in the meantime.

I do agree the cake cutting should be done before dinner since it will be served as dessert later.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes sense. Most weddings I've been to (and ours) had cake cutting around when cake is served.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What do you think about first dance as soon as you get into the reception?

Then you have some break and time for father and daughter dance after dinner. Then do cutting cake after father and daughter dance?
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh gotcha ! thank you for the input I appreciate it Smiley smile

What are your thoughts on cutting cake right after dinner?

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah thats true I feel I might just want to get all those things done so we can dance and have fun with our friends and family afterwards! Im thinking starting to get ready around 11 am (my MOA is doing 4 of our makeup!) and then 2pm do the first touch with my FH then the ceremony at 3

Its hard because I want it to all go as planned but I know for a fact I wont even be worried about it you know?

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh than you!!!

I talked to my photographer (since I work with him and hes to knowledgable LOL) he pretty much said just have a general time for guests to see and how w could do 1 round of dinner then start speeches kind of thing!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Another great resource for wedding tips is Jamie wolfer , not sure if you’ve heard of her but she’s a wedding planner and she has a YouTube channel giving soooo many free tips! Along with her wedding community Facebook page I highly highly recommend!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/theweddinghacker/?ref=share

Here’s a video she did on timelines! https://youtu.be/6WeBahPu_dU
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah you could do that!! That would work out great!

I know the timeline I found to be the hardest thing to get done!! There’s so much logistics and moving parts! This wedding planner did mine for free! I posted on one of my wedding Facebook groups looking for help and she did all of it for me!! I tweaked a couple things but she’s great!!
    https://www.facebook.com/manda.arroyo
    Give her a shout! And just say a girl from Jamie Wolfer’s wedding Facebook group recommended you!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If that's what you want, go for it. In my experience, couple dances that take place during or after dinner (basically when people are seated with food or drink in front of them) are paid less attention to (in case that matters to you).

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think it's too much at all!

Every wedding is different! Do what you and your fiance want to do! If you want to have the speeches after dinner, then go for it! There's no right or wrong answer for this!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiance has mentioned he wants dinner and then speeches... but I wonder if we did dinner, cake cutting and while everyone has desert or 2nds for food speeches?

This is probably one of the biggest stressor I have right now!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do too, do you think the first dances, garter/bouquet toss and then open to the dance floor is too much???

My fiance has mentuoned he wants dinner and then speeches... could I do speeches/cake cutting together? What are your thoughts?
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely agree leaving more time for the first touch.
    The ceremony will be 20-30 mins max my commissier said. We don't have a "set time" we have to close so it's very open.

My fiancé had said he wants to do the dances after dinner... do you think doing the 3 dances then the bouquet/garter toss right after before we open the dance floor up would be OK?
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally like having all dances including first dance after dinner
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could have the tosses after cake cutting and so that you have more time you could put your speeches during dinner. So people dish up then have a speech, eat some more and then have another speech. My aunty did that and it was nice to have a bit of entertainment while you ate and then you can talk about the speeches with your table!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You might want to give a bigger buffer between you reading letters/first touch and the ceremony. If you cry while reading them, you might need to fix your make up.

I personally would swap the first dance to have it go right after your entrance and then go into dinner. Speeches after dinner where you placed first dance.

You can have father/bride and mother/groom dances after speeches if you want to break up the dances.

Have the garter and bouquet toss right before you open up the dance floor. Because a lot of people are standing, it'll make it easier.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics