Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Wedding timeline

Hailey, on May 16, 2022 at 15:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hi !

I am trying to figure out my wedding timeline, the biggest hurdle is trying to figure out how long it will take for hair and makeup for approx 5-6 people. I ideally want my ceremony at 4:00 pm and we are doing first looks so we can enjoy our cocktail hour after. I'm thinking makeup/hair starts by 7/8 am, is this doable or too late, too early?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

10 Comments

Latest activity by Hailey, on May 18, 2022 at 12:52
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Melanie, that's extremely helpful! I believe its one make up and one hair person so I just want to be organized

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad to help!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooo okay - earlier definitely make sense then. I believe each service took 45mins per person - If that helps Smiley smile We also did a first look and photos before the ceremony too and the flow worked so nicely and we got some beautiful photos while hair and makeup was fresh!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it's just one makeup artist and one hair stylist, 5 girls for makeup and 6 for hair since my sister in law is doing her own makeup so that will help us with timing. I want to do first look and most photos with family prior to ceremony so we can enjoy, ideally if I can be up at 7 ish and start by 8 it would be nice

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks that's helpful!!!!

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds quite early! Are there multiple artists or just one? We had a ceremony start time of 4:45pm and needed myself and the bridal party ready early for photos and we did a 12pm start time. Moms (3) were finished by 4pm. That was for 9 people with 3 hair/makeup artists and it was the perfect amount of time and I loved not having to wake up early on my wedding day Smiley smile
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a 4pm ceremony with a first look at 1:30 and was told by the makeup artist, she will need to start at 8:30am to have 4 girls ready by 12:30pm. So id think 7am should be good.
  • Melanie
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the same ceremony start time and number of people needing hair and makeup done too. Our hair and makeup stylists said they will be starting at 7:30am so 7am is definitely not too early!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amanda, chat with your make-up artists, as they will know how to manage better. Its possible if you have a larger party, they may bring multiple people to work on others while you get the main focus.

I have a 5pm start (also doing first looks) and am aiming to start getting ready around 9-930, but only have myself, MOH and MOB needing make up/hair done

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would talk to your hair and makeup people. They can tell you how long it will usually take them.
    For an example, my makeup it's 45 minutes each for myself and my moh. For hair 45 minutes for myself and my moh as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics