Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Wedding timeline

Keena, on March 3, 2018 at 17:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Ok I need some input and help I’m not much of one for a timeline I’m late for everything haha ...
I’m getting married at 7:30pm with sandwich buffet right after a few pizzas cheese and cracker tray desserts tea and coffee and maybe a bit more ... dancing to start at 9pm so I’m not sure what else happens and timing and such I need help ...
thanks

6 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on March 4, 2018 at 13:42
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are having troubles with your timeline and figuring out what all needs to be factored in, I would suggest talking to your photographer. They've done this a lot of times and usually have examples for every timeline for every sort of wedding. Your photographer is a great resource here, try asking them for some help.

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Jessica. The timeline may a bit tight but if you plan accordingly (which it sounds like you are 😊) you should be just fine.
  • Keena
    Keena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks very much just writing a list of who I want photos with right now...
    We thought maybe even having it 6 30 or 7pm that way we can start the regular dancing for guests sooner than later I just wanted to try and get some sunset photos in owen Sound the day of my wedding the sun sets at 9:10pm but then that’s getting pretty late for guests
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You may want to consider having your photographer come earlier in the day rather than later, so that you could do photos before the ceremony.

If that's not an option though, you could always do photos for 30 minutes between 8:00 and 8:30 (I'm assuming your ceremony will be about 30 minutes) and then speeches and typical stuff (first dance, cake cutting- if you're having any of that) between 8:30-9:00. Just keep in mind you won't have much time for posed photos, so having a list for your photographer of what you want done will be helpful (they can probably get through about 5-10 posed photos depending on group size in 30 minutes).

• Keena
    Keena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Ashley

i think thats where I might be stuck we have our photographer from 7pm to 10pm so family pictures could be done inside in front of our backdrop perhaps behind the head table however ... if the reception starts that’s usually speech time so if we did pictures we possibly wouldn’t get any speeches ? Not a huge deal as we’re wanting more of a casual get together but the best man and maid of honour may really want to do a speech .. Sorry for my ramble hope it makes sense
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Keena,

Your ceremony is at 730pm? Then reception right after? Are you doing family pictures or anything?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics