Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Newbie August 2018 Alberta

Wedding Time Line

Kelly, on December 28, 2017 at 13:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hello! I am having a wedding ceremony at 3:00pm I could use some help planning out the day I feel so stressed about the time line for some reason - should we do cocktail h our right after , the wedding will go until about 3:30 so cocktail hour from 4:00-6:00 ? I dont necessarily want people to stay at the venue they can go back to the hotel if they want? so what do you guys think Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on January 4, 2018 at 23:03
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing photos in between the ceremony and reception?

If you have already booked a photographer, I would see what kind of timeline they recommend. Especially if you plan on having photos taken somewhere else. We spoke with ours & they gave us their thoughts.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The timeline your doing is what we did too based on the time frame and followed through cocktail hour right after the pictures.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having almost 3 hours between the ceremony and reception, where we will take pictures. The guests will most likely leave the venue and come back I guess later.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are also having a 3:00 ceremony... Expecting it to be done before 3:30. We are doing our photos before the ceremony so our cocktail hour will start at 4:00 and go till dinner at about 5:30 or 6:00.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are thinking of following a similar timeline as you where there is over an hour gap between the ceremony and reception. What people have recommended to me it to provide some games for people to play while they wait for the reception that way if they want to stay at the venue they have something to do, but they can also go back to their hotel.
    We are having a giant Jenga table and giant tic tac toe for our guests along with some other small games 😊
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are also jopeiito have the ceremony at 3.
    3:00-Ceremony
    4:00-Cocktail hour (while we do photos)
    5:00/5:30- Reception starts

That's what we are thinking, but we have plenty of time to go over it.

I wouldn't suggest too long between the ceremony and reception especially if there are out of town guests. I personally don't want to wait around after the ceremony. So a 1 hour cocktail hour is what we are aiming for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics