Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kara
Newbie August 2020 Nova Scotia

Wedding theme yes or no

Kara, on May 6, 2018 at 20:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hi everyone im thinking of having my wedding in April but i love the idea of a winter wedding theme just wondering thoughts if this would be a good idea or too weird or just plain wrong?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kara, on May 10, 2018 at 18:23
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great idea! Thanks. That was also a theme i liked but liked the centerpiece i designed myself
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about a winter theme do you like? I'm personally doing a starry night theme and have found through my Pinterest searches that the 2 overlap a lot! Twinkle lights, white and gold accents! Maybe make it a starry night theme or a crystal theme? Something that u can work a lot of the same things into without needing the actual snow
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So what does a full winter theme look like? Cause like i just want my centerpieces to look wintery but nothing else really
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No theres usually no snow here by April.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When in April? Is there usually still snow in Nova Scotia in April? I think with the right details, you could execute it well.

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that's a great idea! Branches in some sort of white or silvery glass stuff would look soooo great! And lots of candles would add that warm glow like a fire place! Our wedding is in July but we don't really have a theme, more took elements of vintage colours and designs as our inspiration. So it's more of a based on rather than a theme. So if you have certain things that stand out to you, consider taking elements of that and adapting it to the venue and potential weather.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the winter wedding theme in April, sounds like a great idea, and will look very beautiful Smiley smile.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the branch centerpiece with pink buds that Candace posted!!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This could totally be made into a spring theme if you wanted, you could glue little flower buds on them if you wanted to and have a couple open flowers on them!
    If you want it to be more winter like I would spray paint parts of them white to look like some frost and you could do the same with some pine cones to give even more of an effect
    I attached some cute inspiration photos!

Wedding theme yes or no 1

Wedding theme yes or no 2

Wedding theme yes or no 3

Wedding theme yes or no 4
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, that's easy to do then! I say go for it, that's certainly not a winter theme and can even be considered Spring with fun branches on the tables.

• Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well i just like the idea of having branches for a center piece. Thats as much winter as i want
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe incorporate one aspect of a winter wedding rather than the whole idea of winter. Perhaps use snowflakes and use the theme as being unique and finding each other or incorporate winter colours (blue and white). You can definitely find a way to twist the winter theme into something that will work for both of you!

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it was anything like this past winter in Ontario, you might just be having a winter wedding in April.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely think it's weird lol but not bad weird. I think it's cool and different, no one else will be doing something like that. I think it could definitely work if it's done right. I mean you'll have guests wearing spring clothes to a "winter" wedding and that's the only thing that will be kind of off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics