Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Wedding season!!

Rayanne, on July 27, 2021 at 16:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23
Now that we are looking forward to weddings again (knock on wood) I'm wondering how did you pick what season to have your wedding? Was it your dream from long ago or was it a more practical reason? Were you surprised with which season you settled on? Were you both loving the same time of year or did someone need some convincing?

We chose our season mostly for practical reasons. Getting time off work being the biggest reason. Summer was never in the cards since it is was too hot for suits and we wanted a more formal look. While we could probably get the date off for our wedding we needed to make sure important guests were also able to get the time off as well. Winter was the best choice for us. Once we settled on that I was very surprised at how excited I was to plan a winter wedding. I love sparkle. The sparkle of snow as long as I'm indoors is perfect. Other practicalities are how much you can save on a winter wedding plus who doesn't love an anniversary as a reason to head out to some sunny destination....
We are especially looking forward to having a reason to party after so long in lock downs and uncertainty.

23 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 31, 2021 at 12:02
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's been raining every long weekend so far so I'm hoping Sept long weekend is the exception lol. I'd settle for overcast.

We really wanted a winter wedding to avoid the hot mess (not looking forward to baking under the sun in a black tuxedo) but settled for this time due to the potential for lower case counts and options for outdoor events.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is VERY true you never know what kind of weather you'll have these days no matter which season you choose 🤣
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were happy to have a summer/fall wedding being small as it was back in 2017. The season was right and a bit chilly to cuddle up by the campfire on the beach with our loved ones spending time with the family before the wedding day. I just find the seasons now are just not the same as it was before. The temperatures seem to change fast given the day and the weather too.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds perfect. These days so many people are changing the season because of covid so some that thought they chose the perfect season are looking for reasons to love their new season. I think each season has it ups and downs. If we look for the best any season is the perfect one as long as at the end of the day you are married to your SO.
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like an amazing date! I’m so excited for you!
    My fiancé and I went back and forth as we love winter and summer is too hot however we ended up choosing Summer since we started dating June 10 so June 11 is close enough 😊 we also want a rustic wedding & planned to have it in the interior of BC so it had to be in the summer..! 😊
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL that's a good point!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol summer weddings do look beautiful but for us there was no way we would be comfortable in a wedding dress or a suit. I imagine sweat stains and melting makeup. I may be a bit dramatic at times though 🤣.... We really thought spring but I have to say having some pictures in a horse drawn carriage in our wedding gear really made me rethink which is better. Plus how many people would not be able to come for a spring prime time wedding really helped us decide we can deal with the cold. Hopefully indoors will be open enough by then to have a normal wedding. It's so good that summer weddings are almost normal now! Im so excited for summer brides.
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose summer because I hate the winter lol. That's it. Even though it's cheaper to do it in the winter/fall, I just hate cold weather hahaha

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, time is going by fast too, which I like!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have my hopes up most days. I think we are starting to get close to what we want lol
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I knows right!!
    Now we just have to hold on and make sure we go out nice with this small wedding with this uninvited guest Covid!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect. It's so good when things come together
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I were planning the wedding around when our house would be ready AND the love for fall 🍁. We had so many plans for our wedding (Plan 1: g to courthouse and have a BBQ after; Plan 2: go to courthouse and have dinner with the family; Plan 3: Have a backyard wedding; Plan 4: have a farmland wedding; etc…) hahaha. Now we found a beautiful space that will very much incorporate our love for fall with a beautiful background.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can not say I love snow either but I do love being inside and seeing the glittery snow that no one stepped on. It has always been something that reaches my soul. However, shoveling and cleaning cars and when it gets wet and sloppy that makes me want to cry. I'm hoping for a pretty layer of snow so everything doesn't look brown and dead and dirty for the pictures.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I absolutely hate snow!! If there's snow on our wedding I'll probably cry. But weather where I live is sooo unpredictable at the time of year. There was so much snow that weekend this year
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it all depends on where you live for a winter wedding. Some places snow can be a huge factor. I'm hoping that we have a bit of snow like we'd have the last few years. My luck it'll be blizzard of '77 all over....feels like it after waiting for covid to ease up.... I think if we didn't go with winter spring would have been our second choice
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow so exciting! So many plans got changed. I'm sure you will have a great day and have the relief of having it done!
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked fall becuSe it our favourite time of year. I did not want a summer wedding. We both sweat a lot and I get uncomfortable in the heat so I did not want summer- however due to covid our wedding is now in 3 days 😂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have ALWAYS wanted a summer wedding (ideally August) as I love heat but when we got engaged at the end of 2020 I knew I didn't want to wait until August 2022 (thought August 2021 was too risky) so we decided on May 22, 2022. While I am happy with a spring wedding, I am terrified it will snow....
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At least you found something that will work for everyone and I'm sure it'll be perfect!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very nice. I'm glad it all worked out for you
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Growing up I had always envisioned an autumn wedding with jewel tones and the beautiful foliage and never imagined that I would choose any other time of year. But then we chose for our original date July 25 2020, so the height of summer! But it was the anniversary of our first date and it was a Saturday that year, so it seemed perfect and meaningful. Then for our postponed date we went with June simply because it was the date that all of our vendors had available. In the end, I love our June date. It wasn't too hot and we just couldn't have asked for better weather. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason and this experience was no exception.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As you may know - I had many up and downs with picking a date and season. Because of my fiancé and mine's schedule it was really tough to pick a date that worked for us. We have had 5 different dates all in the different seasons from late winter/early spring, to spring, summer, fall and Christmas time. But after looking at places and seeing their prices, we felt very discouraged and did not want to settle on anything. Ultimately we had a long discussion on what we wanted and decided that no matter what wedding we have is no matter we are marrying each other. So with that, I went on a hunt with some destination weddings and I went with the first place that got back to me. Their prices were phenomenal and it was hard to say no to getting married on the beach in Mexico! We talked to our close friends and family and the majority of them said they would love to go to Mexico as a vacation after all this nonsense. So with that and already having 15 people for sure coming we decided we are doing it.

So we are getting married technically in winter... but on a beach! Our date is December 17th, 2022. I am a little sad because we wanted to do it on our original anniversary of December 21 but the dates don't work for my mom and step dad and they are part of the reason why we are doing this in the first place, so they gotta be there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics